Thread: Panel Icons are huge

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Panel Icons are huge

Hey everybody,

I've been comparing differences to Windows and Ubuntu for a while now and realized that the GNOME panel icons are gigantic compared to taskbar icons in Windows - which is why I still need two taskbars in Ubuntu (One for pretty much everything and the bottom for 'Window List'). So I was wondering if there was a way to resize panel applets/icons?

I searched around and couldn't find much - does anybody have any ideas?

Thank you.
    - Justin Reno
    Need an easy way to store files publicly or even privately without hassle over the internet to be accessed anywhere? Try Dropbox. Use this link to get an extra 250MB of storage!

Beans

Re: Panel Icons are huge

Quote Originally Posted by JustinR View Post
    Hey everybody,

I've been comparing differences to Windows and Ubuntu for a while now and realized that the GNOME panel icons are gigantic compared to taskbar icons in Windows - which is why I still need two taskbars in Ubuntu (One for pretty much everything and the bottom for 'Window List'). So I was wondering if there was a way to resize panel applets/icons?

I searched around and couldn't find much - does anybody have any ideas?

Thank you.
    it's the new in thing, look at windows 7.

the icons are determined by the panel height.
    you can try using other panels/docks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

The gnome panel isn't very customizable at all. Your may want to try replacing your panels (by setting gnome-panel as un-executable)with a dock like AWN, which includes applets like a systray and trash bin and all the other stuff normally found on your panel.
    "The Linux philosophy is laugh in the face of danger. Oops. Wrong one. Do it yourself. That's it." --Linus Torvalds

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Version Dependency View Post
    The gnome panel isn't very customizable at all. Your may want to try replacing your panels (by setting gnome-panel as un-executable)with a dock like AWN, which includes applets like a systray and trash bin and all the other stuff normally found on your panel.
    you don't need to set it unexecutable, you just change it in gconf-editor you can leave it blank or add the panel/dock you want.
    Last edited by kerry_s; August 5th, 2010 at 04:12 PM.