sudo apt-get install smplayer
    Great to see a new release!
    Thanks Andrew

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Howto: Build the svn MPlayer under the latest release version of Ubuntu

Just noticed something odd.

I have Nvidia powered laptop: G53SX-A1 (GeForce 560M)

Mplayer does not work with 10bit videos when VDPAU is the output. When I switch the output to VC everything is smooth again.

All other videos work fine with VDPAU as the output driver.
    Crackers don't matter!
    Asus G53SX-A1 with Ubuntu

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by gillza View Post
    Mplayer does not work with 10bit videos when VDPAU is the output. When I switch the output to VC everything is smooth again.
    I believe this is a known limitation with MPlayer and vdpau:

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/083674.html

Perhaps have a look at the vlc video output and see if it switches?
    You think that's air you're breathing now?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    I believe this is a known limitation with MPlayer and vdpau:

http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...er/083674.html

Perhaps have a look at the vlc video output and see if it switches?
    My apologies. The output was switched to XV no VC
    Crackers don't matter!

Beans

New version of SMPlayer out now, well worth a look . Note the youtube playback...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

Quote Originally Posted by andrew.46 View Post
    New version of SMPlayer out now, well worth a look . Note the youtube playback...
    On it, works real nice, youtube as well. Thank heavens RVM started developing it again. I consider this to be an excellent mplayer front end.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Linuxisfast View Post
    I consider this to be an excellent mplayer front end.
    Seconded .

Beans

@ Andrew
    I found this thread when searching for ways of displaying HD clips from my camera on an older laptop, using CrunchBang Linux on an USB stick. The VLC media player would make a begin playing a clip, but stalled because my system was too slow.
    So then I ran across the possibility of running mplayer-gui, but that would not install using apt-get install, since it has been discontinued. (and that was more or less what I am capable of doing).

Then I came across your initial manual (October 29th, 2009), which I just copied and pasted, and got stuck at the svn stuff. Reading on I arrived in 2010 and your updated guide (July 30th, 2010). This all worked an I got mplayer working!

You'll notice that I have no clue what I am doing exactly, and the laptop was chewing away, using 3Gb of the USB stick (df says 23% -> 42%). And now the reason for writing in this thread:
    1. my compliments for writing the guide in a manner that I could even use it.
    2. when playing 1080p clips from my camera (Toshiba Camileo X400) the audio goes realtime, but the video is lagging, resulting the audio to complete earlier. I realise that this is probably all due to the speed of my laptop (thinkpad r50p Pentium M 2 GHz CPU) but it is much better than skipping frames.

Is there any improvement to be expected from mplayer2, or other settings?
    Thanks!
    Last edited by gert3d; March 3rd, 2012 at 07:56 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Andrew,

I have experimentally installed 12.04 beta 1 and tried installing mplayer following the guide.

Everything seems to work up to mplayer compilation which fails with error:

Code:
    ./version.sh `cc -dumpversion`
    cc -MD -MP -Wundef -Wall -Wno-switch -Wno-parentheses -Wpointer-arith -Wredundant-decls  -O4 -march=native -mtune=native -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-tree-vectorize -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -D__STDC_CONSTANT_MACROS -D__STDC_FORMAT_MACROS -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS -Ilibdvdread4 -I. -Iffmpeg  -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/directfb -I/usr/include/     -D_REENTRANT    -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I/usr/lib/live/liveMedia/include                   -I/usr/lib/live/UsageEnvironment/include                   -I/usr/lib/live/BasicUsageEnvironment/include                   -I/usr/lib/live/groupsock/include -c -o libmpdemux/demux_rtp.o libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp: In function 'char* openURL_rtsp(RTSPClient*, const char*)':
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:99:20: error: 'class RTSPClient' has no member named 'describeWithPassword'
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:101:20: error: 'class RTSPClient' has no member named 'describeURL'
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp: In function 'demuxer_t* demux_open_rtp(demuxer_t*)':
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:155:82: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to 'const char*' [-fpermissive]
    /usr/lib/live/liveMedia/include/RTSPClient.hh:36:22: error:   initializing argument 2 of 'static RTSPClient* RTSPClient::createNew(UsageEnvironment&, const char*, int, const char*, portNumBits)' [-fpermissive]
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:155:82: error: invalid conversion from 'const char*' to 'int' [-fpermissive]
    /usr/lib/live/liveMedia/include/RTSPClient.hh:36:22: error:   initializing argument 3 of 'static RTSPClient* RTSPClient::createNew(UsageEnvironment&, const char*, int, const char*, portNumBits)' [-fpermissive]
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:155:82: error: invalid conversion from 'int' to 'const char*' [-fpermissive]
    /usr/lib/live/liveMedia/include/RTSPClient.hh:36:22: error:   initializing argument 4 of 'static RTSPClient* RTSPClient::createNew(UsageEnvironment&, const char*, int, const char*, portNumBits)' [-fpermissive]
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:245:21: error: 'class RTSPClient' has no member named 'setupMediaSubsession'
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:257:24: error: 'class RTSPClient' has no member named 'playMediaSession'
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp: In function 'void teardownRTSPorSIPSession(RTPState*)':
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:646:27: error: 'class RTSPClient' has no member named 'teardownMediaSession'
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp: In function 'char* openURL_rtsp(RTSPClient*, const char*)':
    libmpdemux/demux_rtp.cpp:103:1: warning: control reaches end of non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
    make: *** [libmpdemux/demux_rtp.o] Error 1
    I'll start googling for solution
    Crackers don't matter!

Beans

I have just built the latest:

Code:
    andrew@skamandros~$ mplayer | head -n 1
    MPlayer SVN-r34799-4.6.2 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
    Admittedly not on Precise but it compiled well enough. Perhaps svn up may cure the problem?

Page 34 of 40 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast