Thread: Unlock login keyring issue

Beans

Unlock login keyring issue

I have had Ubuntu 10.04 installed on my computer for about a month and have not had an issue until today.

on startup ubuntu asks me to put in my unlock login keyring password. This is no issue for me, as it is my normal password for the computer itself. It also asks me to use the unlock login keyring when i start empathy. (again no problem)

Today I changed my password, which seems like a semi-normal thing to do. after restarting my computer it asks me to type the unlock login keyring so I typed my new password. it says that the password is not valid, I have tried this with both the old and new password.

Also i have verified that i am using the correct password because it works on other things (changing my password back to its original password)

empathy will not work if i dont have the unlock login keyring password, and i cannot sync my facebook to it without the password, so please help haha. thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Re: Unlock login keyring issue

The login (to ubuntu) password is different from your keyring password. For convenience perhaps you may want to change the keyring password to the new login password.

Go to Applications>Accessories>Password and Encryptions keys.

Right click on the folder. Change the password to the login password. Everytime you give the login password your keyring will also be unlocked.

Beans

thanks dude it worked for me i appreciate it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Smile Re: Unlock login keyring issue

Can I please add my thanks. This solution worked for me and got rid of the frustrating error message when I log in!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I will add also my thanks to the second poster, because i have solved also my problem .
    ** Just waiting for the end ... 24/07/2012 **

Beans

So I'm having the same issue in 11.04 but when I try to reset it tells me the original password is incorrect and I've tried both my passwords. any ideas would be great, thanks.