Thread: Thumb Drive Issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Question Thumb Drive Issue

Okay so I put a Linux Live OS onto my thumb drive and i used a program i think it was called unetbootin and well when i did this it formatted my thumb drive to be 4.7 GB.

What would be the best way to get it back to being 8GB again?

Many thanks in advance!
    A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.

Beans
    Distro

Re: Thumb Drive Issue

If this is not the right area for this question could someone please point me in the right direction.
    A computer without a Microsoft operating system is like a dog without bricks tied to its head.

Beans
    Distro

Hey,

Most likely your USB drive has been split into two or more partitions. You should be able to set it back with the program gparted.

Just make sure you change the drive in the program to your USB key. You wouldn't want to mess with your main hard drive's partitions and break everything.

Also, I'm not too sure about this, but you may need to format everything on the USB key, so back up any data you have on it

Look into that program and if you need some more help with this let me know.

Beans
    Distro

Thank you Apollo87
    This SOLVED my problem!