Thread: I'm looking for webcam software that will work on Tinychat (through Flash).

Beans

I'm looking for webcam software that will work on Tinychat (through Flash).

I am running Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and thus far have been pleasantly surprised by the functionality and user friendliness of this flavor of Linux.

Unfortunately the camera on my laptop is subpar, previously, on Windows 7 I would employ a program called ManyCam in order to adjust brightness and contrast for live broadcasting under Flash based websites such as TinyChat, Stickam, etc. On OS X I would employ a similar program called CamTwist. Both of these programs would work through Flash and provide an extra option for selection while broadcasting. I am looking for a similar program that has been developed for, or will work within Ubuntu 12.04 LTS. Please keep in mind that I am not looking for a program that will simply serve to capture photos and videos with filters (programs similar to Photo Booth on OS X). I have already found a few that do this- none of which work under Flash for broadcasting purposes.

Aditional software information:
    Browser: Firefox v.19 (Mozilla Firefox for Ubuntu Canonical 1.0)
    Linux: Linux 3.5.0-25-generic (32-bit) (Listed on Adobe Flash Website as OS)
    Flash Version: 11.2.202.273

Thank you for your time and help.
    Last edited by Brian Wilson; March 2nd, 2013 at 03:37 AM.

Beans

Re: I'm looking for webcam software that will work on Tinychat (through Flash).

So, I recently discovered WebCamStudio may do what I'm looking for. However I recieve this error while trying to install on the Ubuntu Software Center.

http://i.imgur.com/rSgTCZi.png

Is there anyone out there more experienced who could point me in the right direction regarding this error?

Thanks again.

Edit: I managed to fix the error by locating a newer beta version of the software. However, the software is subpar and tends to degrade the quality of the picture to an unacceptable level so I suppose the first post is still open for answers.
    Last edited by Brian Wilson; March 2nd, 2013 at 07:23 AM.