Thread: Hidden Folders And Login Banner

Beans

Question Hidden Folders And Login Banner

I run a Lucid system and have two questions. I frequently am inside my hidden files and folders and everytime I have to check the Show Hidden Files mark to view said items. This is a very annoying task. It never stays checked and I was curious if there is an entry I can edit in gconf-editor or something to eliminate this annoying task. Also I use Login Screen(gui) to enable a banner at login. I was curious if anyone knows where this is initiated from. I want to insert a randomization code so everytime it pulls up the login screen I get a different banner w/ some of my cool lil inspirational sayings lol. Yea I know im a lil cheesy but i think it'd be pretty cool.

Beans

Re: Hidden Folders And Login Banner

Quote Originally Posted by amnite View Post
    I frequently am inside my hidden files and folders and everytime I have to check the Show Hidden Files mark to view said items. This is a very annoying task. It never stays checked and I was curious if there is an entry I can edit in gconf-editor or something to eliminate this annoying task.
    I'm assuming your talking about Nautilus.

Open Nautilus and go to Edit > Preferences > Views and select "Show Hidden and Backup Files"

Beans

under view. just the default viewer

Beans

Sorry, I don't know what the "default viewer" is. Is there a "Help" > "About" button at the top so you can give me the name of the application.

Beans

Yes it is nautilus. mb.