Thread: Microsoft Wireless Laster Mouse 5000: middle click + scrolling fails

Beans

Microsoft Wireless Laster Mouse 5000: middle click + scrolling fails

Hi,

I have 2 strange problems with my Microsoft Wireless Laster Mouse 5000.
    When I select something (text on the gnome-terminal for example), and I want to paste it in another window using the middle button, sometimes nothings gets pasted. There's nothing on the clipboard. The middle mouse button should work fine, as I'm able to open links with it in Firefox (into a new tab) ...

Further, sometimes scrolling is very sensitive ...when I try to scroll down, the scroller seems to be going much faster then I'm asking to ...

The stupid thing of those 2 problems is: they happen *sometimes*. Sometimes they work perfectly, but sometimes they don't ...

How can I trace this problem more in detail?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Microsoft Wireless Laster Mouse 5000: middle click + scrolling fails

I would first temporarily replace your suspect Microft Witless Loser Mouse $5000 with a known fault free mouse to check your port for proper portly functioning. If the port proves to be ok, the problem is with your Microft Witless mouse and it needs to be humanely destroyed.
    Seriously though, have you tried manually re-configuring the mouse settings?

Beans

Good idea, I will try tomorrow another mouse (I don't have one here now ...)

Well, there's not much to configure in System > Preferences > Mouse?

Beans

The middle mouse button problem is also related to another mouse (which is a simple USB mouse, connected through a wire)

The scroll problem seems to be gone