Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Large *.mp4 Files in gtkpod

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Large *.mp4 Files in gtkpod

I think that something might be wrong with my gtkpod installation... How would I go about a complete removal and reinstall of gtkpod along with all the other packages I would need to get it to work correctly?

Beans
    Hidden!

I'm wondering what version of ffmpeg you have. Mine's 4:0.5+svn20090706-2ubuntu2.2. I would suggest upgrading ffmpeg if it needs it or trying arista-transcoder. I'm fairly certain handbrake and mp4ize run off ffmpeg as well and arista is rather slow with few options. I don't think it's a gtkpod error.

update:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade ffmpeg
    That could fix the problem.
    Last edited by d3v1150m471c; July 30th, 2010 at 02:40 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

BTW I uploaded ibulk_1_9_5 to sourceforge and your bitrate warning shouldn't be a problem with the new version. Older versions of FFmpeg cannot accept bitrate arguments written as kilobits, however the new versions will accept both kilobits and bits, so I've patched it by making it a bps argument. Even without upgrading ffmpeg the new version should work for you now. I hope you get everything working soon and good luck to you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Thanks for your help so far and I'm glad I was able to help ibulk development I am trying a clean install right now with a (coincidentally) clean iPod. I might have installed gtkpod in a way that it didn't work out right, so I will keep you posted on how it goes... It sounds like everybody else I've heard of hasn't had problems with gtkpod so I would have to assume that I'm the one at fault

UPDATE: The clean install has resolved problems with music and album art syncing that were big problems. I might try gtkpod again later, but for the time being, I am just glad to be able to sync my music correctly. In the future, I will use handbrake to rip my DVDs (which I don't do that much; I just got these movies for a road trip) All in all, most things are working great in ubuntu and for things that aren't, there are pretty easy workarounds for. Thanks again for all the help
    Last edited by Deersindal; July 30th, 2010 at 08:59 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123