Thread: Youtube videos not playing

Beans

Youtube videos not playing

When visiting Youtube pop up for addons needed so naturally install missing software which is labeled as Adobe Flash Player installer, SWFdec SWF Player, and Gnash SWF Player. When ubuntu tries to install an error occurs and says the codec needs to be manually run...help?

Beans

Re: Youtube videos not playing

I can't play video in Youtube too! How can i install Adobe Flash Player in Ubuntu 9.04? Someone help me pls...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Close firefox, then try installing flashplugin-nonfree or flashplugin-installer from synaptic (uninstall all other flash plugins first, after closing firefox). You may need to enable multiverse or restricted software repositories in 'Software Sources'.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

or navigate to Mozilla's homepage - find addons and install the require addon...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

You problem is very common and probably due to conflicting plugins. Install the latest version (1.0.9) of FLASH-AID extension for Firefox. It will remove conflicting plugins and install the proper flash version according to your browser architecture.

Beans

Hey varunendra! thanks for the information! i have installed Flashplugin-Installer from Synaptic and uninstall all other flash plugins, even enable multiverse or restricted software repositories in 'Software Sources'. But still i can't play videos on youtube.

lovinglinux! Thanks a lot. i've already did what u've said, i mean Install the latest version (1.0.9) of FLASH-AID extension for Firefox. But after i restart the firefox to play some song on youtube. Still i cant play the video.

is there another way?
    thanks for helping guys!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by D|F View Post
    Hey varunendra! thanks for the information! i have installed Flashplugin-Installer from Synaptic and uninstall all other flash plugins, even enable multiverse or restricted software repositories in 'Software Sources'. But still i can't play videos on youtube.

lovinglinux! Thanks a lot. i've already did what u've said, i mean Install the latest version (1.0.9) of FLASH-AID extension for Firefox. But after i restart the firefox to play some song on youtube. Still i cant play the video.

is there another way?
    thanks for helping guys!
    Then I guess you have a remaining issue with the lack of codecs. See Comprehensive Multimedia & Video Howto.