Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Google images - new interface

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Google images - new interface

http://www.cnn.com/2010/TECH/web/07/....html?hpt=Sbin

Infinite scroll interface. Pretty similar to Bing. From what I know, its being rolled out only to around 10% of users currently.

Here is a screenshot for the other unlucky 90%.

Attached Images Attached Images
    The DRUNKS - For Your Inner Drunk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: Google images - new interface

I just got the interface update. I wonder how they choose the 10%? Perhaps because I use only Google search and also use Blogger, YouTube, Picasa, Code, Docs, Sites, Analytics, Feed Burner, Gmail...yeah, Google owns me
    Last edited by lovinglinux; July 21st, 2010 at 10:41 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I don't like the look of that. One of the things I didn't like about Bing was the way the image search was set up. Also, that way looks even worse because the images aren't confined to a specific size or shape, they just are all jumbled together. In addition, it doesn't say what site the image is from unless you hover over it.

Whatever, I can't fight what the mighty Google wishes to do. If they want to copy Bing, so be it. I'll still use their search until someone else develops a better algorithm...
    Last edited by chessnerd; July 21st, 2010 at 10:48 PM.
    My Laptop: Gateway T-6330u, 2.0 GHz Pentium Dual-Core, 3 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD - Windows Vista, Windows 7, Ubuntu 10.04.
    My Desktop: Dell Dimension 4600, 2.8 GHz Pentium 4, 1 GB RAM, 128 MB GeForce FX 5200, 120 GB HDD - Windows XP, Ubuntu 10.04.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by chessnerd View Post
    I don't like the look of that. One of the things I didn't like about Bing was the way the image search was set up. Also, that way looks even worse because the images aren't confined to a specific size or shape, they just are all jumbled together. In addition, it doesn't say what site the image is from unless you hover over it.

Whatever, I can't fight what the mighty Google wishes to do. If they want to copy Bing, so be it. I'll still use their search until someone else develops a better algorithm...
    Click the "Exactly" on the left menu and type the size you want. This ill make the results homogenous.

I think is a lot better then clicking page 2, 3 and so on.

Anyway, soon someone will create a Stylish or Greasemonkey script to show the site below the images.

Beans
    Distro

Yeah I must be one of the "lucky" 10%. I actually hate it to be honest. It feels extremely cluttered.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Click the "Exactly" on the left menu and type the size you want. This ill make the results homogenous.

I think is a lot better then clicking page 2, 3 and so on.

Anyway, soon someone will create a Stylish or Greasemonkey script to show the site below the images.
    I like the infinite scrolling. I have a greasemonkey script that lets me do that for web results. I don't like the images being compressed together though. I wish there was an option to turn it off.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary_Bibo View Post
    I like the infinite scrolling. I have a greasemonkey script that lets me do that for web results. I don't like the images being compressed together though. I wish there was an option to turn it off.
    Yeah, options are always good.

Beans

Neat. So far I don't have any issues with it.
    AMD FX-8120. 8GB DDR3 1866. Ubuntu 12.04 64bit

Computing is fun again.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I seem to be in the 90%, even though I've been using Docs, Gmail, Labs features, and Google for ages They've got webhistory on me from 08 for God's sake
    Acer Aspire T650, 3GHz PIV 1.4Gb RAM ATi Radeon Xpress 200
    320+80GB SATA Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic x86_64 Windows XP Home SP3

Linux Expresso - Now featuring videos of my systems!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Dave View Post
    I seem to be in the 90%, even though I've been using Docs, Gmail, Labs features, and Google for ages They've got webhistory on me from 08 for God's sake
    lol.

My new account that I literally made last week got the 10% preview of the new Google Images.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast