Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HowTo: Create your own Screensaver using native Ubuntu tools.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: HowTo: Create your own Screensaver using native Ubuntu tools.

hi, the tutorial is right after all!! I've set the mode of the screensaver in random though and yes you're right it works !!!
    So the last step I've changed the value to random and my own made screensaver was shown!!! Then selected in pref. the screensaver and yes DISCO !

Maybe there are some issues, I've pressed ENTER instead of ok in gconfig-editor, I don't know if that was the problem that I've encountered. But it worked.

Super Topic, I've made various links to this tread on my website and another forum (dutch) !!
    Just loving this work-out !!!
    Thx for this tutorial
    Last edited by Joris Donders; November 12th, 2010 at 11:29 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by artooro View Post
    OK, just so everyone knows the only way I found to fix this was to create a debian package to install the screensaver.
    Sorry artooro for the late reply. There should be no need to create a deb package, I have done this many times and have not had any difficulty following the steps as I have posted it. Just as an aside I don't even know how to create a deb package
    Ubuntu User 23142 | Wiki | Laptop | HowTo:Create a background slideshow and Screensaver | Reconditioning pre-loved PCs and installing Ubuntu to give away to good homes.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Joris Donders View Post
    hi, the tutorial is right after all!! I've set the mode of the screensaver in random though and yes you're right it works !!!
    So the last step I've changed the value to random and my own made screensaver was shown!!! Then selected in pref. the screensaver and yes DISCO !

Maybe there are some issues, I've pressed ENTER instead of ok in gconfig-editor, I don't know if that was the problem that I've encountered. But it worked.

Super Topic, I've made various links to this tread on my website and another forum (dutch) !!
    Just loving this work-out !!!
    Thx for this tutorial
    Hi Joris, sorry for the very late reply. It's good that this worked for you, there does seem to b some problems for some people that unfortunately I am unable to copy.

Also thanks for th heads up about posting links to this thread. I'll take a look at your site and link to it in various places if you would like.

Have a good new year
    Ubuntu User 23142 | Wiki | Laptop | HowTo:Create a background slideshow and Screensaver | Reconditioning pre-loved PCs and installing Ubuntu to give away to good homes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12