Thread: Wireless password

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wrong wireless password?

Hello,
    Im pretty new to Xubuntu and i have one problem...

I have belkin F6D4050 v1 with rt2870 drivers

It found my home network but when i want to connect to my home wireless network it show me a window where i must write a password..ok i write it..and in less then ten seconds it shows me again and again that window where i must write password...im 100% sure that i wrote password correctly

Network Authentication WPA-PSK
    Data Encryption AES

Thanks in advance..and sorry for my english
    Last edited by Syssx; July 21st, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Beans

Re: Wireless password

I have a similar problem only my network uses WEP encryption

Beans

Re: Wireless password

I am having exactly the same problem in my brand new ubuntu 10.04 install. I am using a D-Link DWA-130 wireless adapter. Ndiswrapper with the correct xp drivers is fully installed and functioning according to iwconfig. The computer finds my 2Wire router (and all the other networks in the neighborhood) but when I try to hook up I am told that I need to enter the WEP passkey. I enter it. Hit apply and a few minutes later I am told I need to enter the correct passkey.

I have followed every bit of advice in the Sticky above, but no joy.

The wired network works great. I think the wireless network would work great if I could just get the darn thing to accept the WEP key.

I have built this machine so my 21 year old daughter can have clean box that lets her do all her social networking and college work but wont be easily infected. It really needs to move into her room.

Don't get me wrong, I love ubuntu, but every iteration of the software seems to have some nagging problem for me that keeps it from being my only OS. This one is going to require me to either abandon ubuntu, or run a lot of wire.