Thread: openldap on 10.04 - problem with the setup

Beans

openldap on 10.04 - problem with the setup

hello all,
    I'm trying to set up a ldap server for a global address book for zarafa.
    I have a fresh ubuntu-server 10.04 (32bit) install and I followed this howto: https://help.ubuntu.com/10.04/server...ap-server.html
    I installed slapd and ldap-utils, I added the three schemas cosine.ldif, nis.ldif and inetorgperson.ldif.
    Then I modified the backend.example.com.ldif and replaced all "example" entries with "ubuntusrv" (which is my hostname) and "com" with "local".
    I changed the rootpw and added the backend.ubuntusrv.local.ldif. I basically did the same with the frontend.ubuntusrv.local.ldif (replacing all "example" and "com" with "ubuntusrv" and "local"; I didn't touch the mail entry of the test user John Doe.

When I try adding the frontend.ldif it asks me for the password, I enter it and I get some terminal output that several things (group, person etc) were added successfully. But when I try to search for John using "ldapsearch -xLLL -b "dc=ubuntusrv,dc=local" uid=john sn givenName cn" I don't get any results..."no such object (32)".

What am I doing wrong? I'm stuck with the ldap server since a few days now and can't really get it working...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: openldap on 10.04 - problem with the setup

Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are.