Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Photoshop in unix

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Photoshop in unix

Quote Originally Posted by lisati View Post
    Maybe they haven't ported it from Unix to Linux yet. Although Unix provided some of the initial inspiration, Linux and Unix aren't the same thing.
    Linux <> Unix, this I know... my point was that at one time Adobe ported Photoshop to operating systems that didn't have a majority of the OS market share, so why not now. I can't help but think Unix users were a very small percent of those who bought Photoshop in 1995, but today I can see many Linux users buying a Linux version of Photoshop if it were available (I would...). I could also see more graphic and web design shops switching to Linux if Photoshop were available for it.

Don't get me wrong, I like Gimp, but for me and others who have 10+ years of experience on Photoshop it would be nice to have it as an option.

Sam
    Last edited by samalex; July 19th, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
    System76 Pangolin Performance 5 - Xubuntu 18.04 LTS
    System76 Darter Pro - Pop_OS 18.04 LTS

Beans

Re: Photoshop in unix

Quote Originally Posted by ofde View Post
    Could someone explain me why there is Photoshop for Mac and not for linux? If I am not wrong, mac is a system comes from Unix, too.
    Greetings.
    Spend some time to learn GIMP. Sure the floating window layout seems strange coming from the PS MDI interface, but once used to the layout, you focus on the power of the tools, and that's when GIMP really shines!

The docs (http://docs.gimp.org/2.6/en/) are great to learn the GIMP, pick a section that interests you and have fun

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123