Thread: add Vuze as startup application

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question add Vuze as startup application

This will be the first of many posts/questions I am sure, I have very little working knowledge of ubuntu or of linux period.

So far I have been able to figure out how to get Vuz installed properly and running, however I would like to make it start the gui interface automatically on login/startup and minimized. I tried adding it to the SYSTEM->PREFERENCES->STARTUP APPLICATIONS as that seemed the obvious way to do it, however it does not startup automatically after I restart the system.

I am running:
    Ubuntu 10.04 LTS
    Java 1.6.0_18
    Sun Microsystems Inc.
    SWT v3555, gtk
    Linux v2.6.32-23-generic, i386
    Vuze V4.3.0.6/4 az3

thank you for any assistance.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: add Vuze as startup application

I haven't gotten around to re installing vuze yet, but did you check preferences for a boot on startup option ?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: add Vuze as startup application

yes, I still run vuze on my old xp box which has that option. the Startup & Shutdown section is missing from the linux release of vuze

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Arrow Re: add Vuze as startup application

I started from scratch and it now seems that simply adding the command 'azureus' in teh startup applications will make it start, although it does not start minimized. I also made a post on the vuze forums hoping someone there might be able to help me as well.

so I am one step closer, just need to figure out how to make it minimized on run.

found the final part of my solution on the vuze forums... making me feel dumb again :\

Tools -> Options -> Interface -> Start: Start minimized

it was actually an option in a different section, buried deeper than it is in the windows version
    Last edited by kysato; July 19th, 2010 at 03:40 AM. Reason: solution found