Thread: Things Graveman needs to be of any use to me

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

Things Graveman needs to be of any use to me

I needed a burner program to make some audio cds to night, and since there were no other remotely GNOME'ish apps in Hoary universe I figured I would try it out.

a) it doesn't support mp3, one would assume this was easy to add, if it used gstreamer e.g. that would only be a plugin away - sadly a lot of my music is in mp3 format since I still haven't gotten the cash to pay for an iAUDIO player that supports Ogg Vorbis. I know we can't ship mp3 support, so this might not be able to be added easily.

b) it doesn't support opening playlists - I normally create my playlists in Muine, since we don't yet ship Muine 0.8.x which has the muine plugin system which allows you to add Fers burning patch, that sadly isn't a possible solution.
    Last edited by Lovechild; February 13th, 2005 at 10:17 PM.

ralph_ubuntu Guest

Re: Things Graveman needs to be of any use to me

Quote Originally Posted by Lovechild
    I needed a burner program to make some audio cds to night, and since there were no other remotely GNOME'ish apps in Hoary universe I figured I would try it out.

a) it doesn't support mp3, one would assume this was easy to add, if it used gstreamer e.g. that would only be a plugin away - sadly a lot of my music is in mp3 format since I still haven't gotten the cash to pay for an iAUDIO player that supports Ogg Vorbis. I know we can't ship mp3 support, so this might not be able to be added easily.

b) it doesn't support opening playlists - I normally create my playlists in Muine, since we don't yet ship Muine 0.8.x which has the muine plugin system which allows you to add Fers burning patch, that sadly isn't a possible solution.
    1. It does support mp3, the latest graveman package is just buggy.

2. You could also give gnomebaker a try. They even provide ubuntu packages:
    http://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/GnomeBaker

Beans
    Distro
    Dapper Drake Testing/

okay I tried gnomebaker, aside having an ui that rivals k3b's as the worst I've ever worked with, it doesn't support loading a .m3u file as far as I can tell.

And don't get me started on the danish translation, the person responable is welcome to go to klid.dk and use our ressources there to avoid the mistakes he made in his attempt, like filling out translator_credits correctly

-edit-

Update, not even the mother of all cd burners on Linux, k3b does this simple task.. is it really to much to ask for that I can burn a freaking playlist?
    Last edited by Lovechild; February 14th, 2005 at 12:01 AM.

Beans

Does GnomeBaker work well on a KDE desktop enviroment such as SuSE?

Beans

Graveman can be recompiled with mp3 support...wonder why it hasn't been done yet in Universe...

Beans

If you want to burn an album this is really an easy task with muine and gnomebaker:

click on "Play Album" in Muine, drag the album in the GnomeBaker window, burn it.

Unfortunately, although you can drag whole albums and you can drag the Playlist as .m3u file when clicking on "Playlist", you cannot drag the current playlist as singe files (e.g. after having selected them with ctrl+a).

I will send this as an idea to the muine mailing list.

greets, tim

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by BWF89
    Does GnomeBaker work well on a KDE desktop enviroment such as SuSE?
    Why shouldn't it?