Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question about Android phones

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: Question about Android phones

Quote Originally Posted by Excedio View Post
    They do, but will be doing away with it. I say, get the unlimited now and then be grandfathered in when it's no longer unlimited.
    Maybe Verizon. But I know for a fact that ATT did away with it last month. And heard VZ will be doing the same.
    The DRUNKS - For Your Inner Drunk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeylover View Post
    Maybe Verizon. But I know for a fact that ATT did away with it last month. And heard VZ will be doing the same.
    Correctamundo.
    My Ubuntu Blog
    My Android Blog

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 13.10 Saucy Salamander

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeylover View Post
    Unlimited data? If I'm not mistaken, Verizon and ATT no longer offer unlimited data.
    AT&T doesn't offer unlimited data but Verizon still does at least for now

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by metalf8801 View Post
    its going to cost more then $90 a month because your going to also have to get a data plan which cost $30 a month also keep in mind that the price they tell you will be before taxes and other fees
    The plan is $60 for 450min and unlimited texting (lowest possible min and texting) and $30 data. I think there is a $35 charge for activation as well. This may sound dumb, but I have never really looked at a phone bill before: Do they tax you on your bill? What I mean is, each time you get a bill, will there be taxes on the amount your paying verizon each month?

also don't get unlimited text. Get a google voice account and then get the google voice app and use that to send and receive text using the data you already pay for. You can also make and receive phone calls using google voice but you I don't think you will be able to get in calling using it because you will be using a google phone number. Also if you do that do not set up google voice to forward calls to your phone or you will get text messages twice.
    I have a Voice account, but I don't really use it. You can get calls to the phone using it, you just need to change your number on your account. Also, the individual plan comes with unlimited texting automatically (I think)

I have the original Motorola and its great and its still part of a family plan and I'm definitely saving money because of the family plan. So maybe you shouldn't get your own plan.
    There are four reasons I am going away from a family plan.
    1. I don't know if I can upgrade the services only for my phone.
    2. Paying my parents the amount I owe could get confusing.
    3. I am not eligible to upgrade.
    4. I think I am getting old enough to have my own plan, and I want to be a little more independent (I'm 19).

Thanks for all the help!
    You think you're doing some damage? Two plus two is... Ten. IN BASE FOUR! I'M FINE!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by redfox1160 View Post
    The plan is $60 for 450min and unlimited texting (lowest possible min and texting) and $30 data. I think there is a $35 charge for activation as well. This may sound dumb, but I have never really looked at a phone bill before: Do they tax you on your bill? What I mean is, each time you get a bill, will there be taxes on the amount your paying verizon each month?
    Yes.
    My Ubuntu Blog
    My Android Blog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12