Thread: Language problems

Beans

Language problems

For some reason my computer insists on using american but I don't speak that language - I speak English and Colour is spelt with a 'u' - how do I correct this anomaly?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: Language problems

Welcome aboard. I believe that you can fix your problem by going to System->Administration->Language Support.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

I think Rex is right. I am annoyed by the same thing. I haven't followed the subject up persistently, but there are British and Australian dictionaries and so forth for a lot of things.
    Michael

Beans

I tried that - whenever i type in colour it shows as a spelling error still
    'tis entirely annoying

I take pride in my spelling errors and having a incorrect tally just spoils it.

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Which dictionary have you loaded? If you choose you can load or remove the American English dictionary or the British or Australian or any other from there. You will have to be connected to the Internet to download it.

Beans

It doesn't give the option of installing specific dictionaries that i can see: I can either install or remove english; That is all the only option for english in the install panel. I have english and russian installed.

In the language panel of the language support thing there are quite alot of englishes - i have english australia, uk and just english at the top in normal text - the rest of the options are greyed out; I can change their order but i cannot remove the plain english - to install or remove i have to click the button that takes me to a menu where there is only one english.