Thread: Annoyance/Bug - Scroll wheel in browsers making me go back/forward.

Beans

Question Annoyance/Bug - Scroll wheel in browsers making me go back/forward.

Whenever I press use the scroll button in Firefox/Opera it goes back/forward to the previous page. This has been quite an issue in Ubuntu for many years. =( And still no fix.

I also have another bug related to the middle scroll button, when pressed in a browser, it closes the current tab rather than open in a new window.

Thirdly when I right click a file and select "open with another application"
    , check "remember this application for this file".. It totally forgets it and all the extensions remain to open with the old program. Is there an extension manager or the likes in Ubuntu.

Fourthly whenever I browse to a network location it says "unable to mount location, failed to retrieve share list from the server." but then it goes there when clicked again?

Fifthly quite frequently in Ubuntu the screen turns black and displays some random message, I presume error, it's so quick. Then it just logs out and relogs in, quite annoying as everything I was in was closed. Seems about as unreliable as Windows 95. (Well i'm getting them more frequently in Ubuntu than 95, also happens on my other pc's)

Un-responsive, un-closable processes seems to be the most constant entity between Linux builds. Is there a task manager or something to close these?

Luckily this is all in x86 Ubuntu, x64 is even worse, and compatibility is practically non-existant.

Please help, =( my computer hates me.
    Last edited by Krisando; July 12th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Annoyances/Bugs - Scroll wheel goes back/forward, Black Screen of Death...

It might be related to bad hard drive or other error. Have you tried enabling the crash reporter to see which programs are crashing?

To set the default opener you need to right click, go to Properties, and Open-With to select the default program.