Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some problems with acer aspire

Beans

Some problems with acer aspire

Hi! I have some problems for configure my notebook. I just try some way that i founded on the web, but nothing. These is a list of errors: it appears when i turn on my pc.

EDIT: I solved lines 4 and 5.

Thank you!

Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit. Intel core 2 duo processor T8100, nVidia GeForce 8m series, 4GB RAM
    Last edited by MartinoM; July 13th, 2010 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Solved some problems

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: Some problems with acer aspire

Update BIOS.....

Beans

I just update BIOS, but nothing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Thumbs down Re: Some problems with acer aspire

Hmmmm.... i thought the firmware bug would have been sorted out with a firmware update of the BIOS. However, it seems that your BIOS cannot successfully link to MBR for Grub to load and start booting linux..... i'm confused :S

Beans

Either the BIOS is buggy or you have something set wrong. Try resetting it to factory defaults.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Temüjin View Post
    Either the BIOS is buggy or you have something set wrong. Try resetting it to factory defaults.
    I try and no news! I have always the sames problemes

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by MartinoM View Post
    I try and no news! I have always the sames problemes
    Run a LiveCD of any Linux distro (Puppy or Ubuntu itself would be best) and see if your notebook can load the kernel and boot linux from the liveCD.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AltomineUK View Post
    Run a LiveCD of any Linux distro (Puppy or Ubuntu itself would be best) and see if your notebook can load the kernel and boot linux from the liveCD.
    If i create the usb live with Ubuntu's default program, after boot appear this error message: error boot and i can't use the LiveCd.
    I try to create the live usb with Linux Usb Live Creator and Live Ubuntu works!
    Last edited by MartinoM; July 13th, 2010 at 05:57 PM.

Beans

I try to run opensuse gnome from live cd and appear this message: "kernel image not found"

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by MartinoM View Post
    If i create the usb live with Ubuntu's default program, after boot appear this error message: error boot and i can't use the LiveCd.
    I try to create the live usb with Linux Usb Live Creator and Live Ubuntu works!
    Hmmmm....ok, sounds like progress. If your LiveCD is booting then the cause of your error may not be system-wide. What processor are you using, by the way? And have you got any important data in your HDD? Using the liveCD you can try and repair your OS. I think the options to repair can be found at the main menu when you boot from your LiveCD....then there is the option to re-install the whole thing but we'll save it for the end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast