Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Steve Jobs: True or False?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Steve Jobs: True or False?

Touché although I wouldn't expect them to tell us of the drawbacks. I would expect to be told though. Too many people are taken in by it without thinking of what is actually going on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by davbren View Post
    OK, I read it.
    There's nothing there.
    The only thing I can make out of it is that this guy is afraid "Apple will take his computer away".
    Since Apple does not have a monopoly on personal computers, I hardly see how they could do that, and
    to make this at least an interesting read, one would expect some substance, eg an explanation as to how Apple would be able to accomplish this, or why this would not be good for the general public. But apparently this author has no such insights to offer.

Pretty pointless, overall.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Not afraid that my PC will be taken away, but he has said this is the Post-PC era. I think its a relevant question that needs to be asked. your opinion is fair though.

Beans

Not afraid that my PC will be taken away, but he has said this is the Post-PC era. I think its a relevant question that needs to be asked. your opinion is fair though.
    People associate the phrase PC with manufacturers like Dell and HP and Windows software. Of course Steve Jobs wants a "Post-PC" era because he'll sell more products that way.

For someone talking about marketing, you sure don't seem to understand it.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

oh, OK, you wrote that piece.
    Well; like I said : severely lacks substance.

As to the "relevant question" : So what if S. Jobs says this is the post-PC era. Suddenly all PC's disappear ? All PC manufacturers give up and start building refrigerators until someone shows up and tells them this is the post-refrigerator era ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12