View Poll Results: Do You Like This Distro?

Voters
454. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

193 42.51%
  • No.

32 7.05%
  • Haven't Tried It.

176 38.77%
  • Not For Me.

53 11.67%
Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinguy OS

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Pinguy OS

As you may know I released Pinguy OS 10.04.1.2 Branded version a couple of days ago, what you might not know is this version can be upgraded to 10.10 Development.

If you do decided to upgrade, it shouldn't be done lightly, this could make your system unusable. At the moment more then half the PPA's/Repositories haven't upgraded to Maverick yet so most of the apps are not going to get updated until there PPA's/Repositories have been upgraded.

If you still want to give the 10.10 Development ago this is how you do it.

First replace every "lucid" coinsurance in the sources.list file with "maverick" and run a dist-upgrade:
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/lucid/maverick/g' /etc/apt/sources.list && sudo aptitude update && sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
    Next thing you have to do is run the following commands to upgrade to 10.10 Maverick.
    Code:
    sudo aptitude install update-manager-core
    sudo do-release-upgrade -d
    Once all the updates have been downloaded and installed restart your computer. Once back up and running you need to right click the main menu button and select "Edit menu" > highlight "Administration" then tick "Software Sources" and exit.

Now go to "Administration" > "Software Sources" and tick all the PPA's/Repositories and refresh the sources. Next go to Package Manager/Synaptic Package Manager and click on "Mark All Upgrades" then "Apply".

The version of Pinguy OS 10.10 that will be released won't be exactly like this, but will be very close.

DONATE TO PINGUY OS or show some love on Patreon.com

Beans

Smile Re: Pinguy OS

bro o love this os............but can you make pinguy os with enlightenment17.......because i think with pinguy os use e17............this will be the best os forever....
    peace

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 16.04 Xenial Xerus

I have been hearing a lot of buzz about this Pinguy OS so now I'm downloading it.
    Actually, I'm pretty excited to try it out .
    Can I ask if you are planning/thinking of releasing Pinguy OS with other desktop environment like KDE?
    I'm using Linux Mint 9 KDE now and I think it would be great if there would be Pinguy OS KDE.

Keep up the great work on Pinuy OS!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Great to see a huge popularity in this OS.

From my own opinion, I think this is the most successful ubuntu-variant I've seen/heard/used ever.

I requested a review for this OS by Tim from the OSGUI Techshow and on his forums, he said he really liked it.

Can't wait for it to be stable 10.10 with Gnome 2.32

(I love the Faenza Icon them with this OS. It looks soooooooo good)

Beans

HEy can you include a pinball game ?

Beans

IS there a way i can remaster pinguy os 10.04.1.2 branded to include nexiuz easily?
    Also can you provide zsync files for pinguy os?

Beans

One more thing adobe reader is laggy and buggy please repalce it with envice and there easy interface it is open-source and it performs better on linux
    i can't unjderstand why you chased a buggy and useless closed source app over opensource and easy app you should remember closed source does not mean polished and easy to use
    Last edited by alaukikyo; October 3rd, 2010 at 08:06 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by alaukikyo View Post
    One more thing adobe reader is laggy and buggy please repalce it with envice and there easy interface it is open-source and it performs better on linux
    i can't unjderstand why you chased a buggy and useless closed source app over opensource and easy app you should remember closed source does not mean polished and easy to use
    please i am literally begging adobe reader for linux is freaking useless and rediculus
    Adobe Reader hasn't been in Pinguy OS since 10.04 it's now on 10.04.1.2 Branded.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

1.38 GB , No thanks

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by cap10Ibraim View Post
    1.38 GB , No thanks
    Why??

I don't understand why people won't use distros that are over 700MB. Once you install Java, flash. codecs, and extra drivers it's going to be close to 900MB anyway. So why is it such a big deal if the distro is bigger then 700MB, at least this way you know everything is going to work as it was built with all the extra stuff pre-installed and setup.
    Last edited by pinguy; October 2nd, 2010 at 08:22 PM.

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 293738394041 ... LastLast