View Poll Results: Do You Like This Distro?

Voters
454. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

193 42.51%
  • No.

32 7.05%
  • Haven't Tried It.

176 38.77%
  • Not For Me.

53 11.67%
Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinguy OS

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Pinguy OS

Pinguy Os Forum

http://www.pinguyos.smffy.com/index.php

Pinguy Os Forum for all your questions, join now.
    Last edited by Rodney9; August 31st, 2010 at 10:29 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Looks to me like it's Elementary Os right thrugh...?

Beans

Talking Re: Pinguy OS *Loving It*

I love Pinguy OS. I install nautilus elementary and the elementary theme with droid font every time I install Linux Mint but now I don't have to do that.

After auto hiding docky and a couple of changes I am very pleased with the setup. There are some apps on here which are just unnecessary like the PS3 app for media. It shouldn't be there but I won't complain that much as I am loving the setup.

It works wonderfully with my Asus 1000HE netbook. I'd love to see you brand it properly with a beautiful penguin load screen and such.

Congratulations!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 18.04 Bionic Beaver

Re: Pinguy OS *Loving It*

Quote Originally Posted by klepto View Post
    I love Pinguy OS. I install nautilus elementary and the elementary theme with droid font every time I install Linux Mint but now I don't have to do that.

After auto hiding docky and a couple of changes I am very pleased with the setup. There are some apps on here which are just unnecessary like the PS3 app for media. It shouldn't be there but I won't complain that much as I am loving the setup.

It works wonderfully with my Asus 1000HE netbook. I'd love to see you brand it properly with a beautiful penguin load screen and such.

Congratulations!
    Very Much Agree

It works perfectly on my Toshiba Satellite L500/08P Laptop

Best OS I have used yet, works well, looks fantastic !

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by dlastik View Post
    problem is though, that it boots. i get the to the screen with all the options and i've tried to boot both normally and in safe graphics modes. it seems to start to load.............................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ......i got through this part then it goes blank. i'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with my dvd drive. any other ideas?

i was looking at this but still nothing worked for me, thought it might help with an idea.
    http://ubuntu-tutorials.com/2010/05/...up-workaround/
    I am really sorry. I have spent the last couple of days trying to work out why its not working for you and the only thing I could think of is it was a bad DVD burn or your drive is on it's way out. This should work on your system.

DONATE TO PINGUY OS or show some love on Patreon.com

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Brent0 View Post
    The OS is great but there are a few complaints/bugs.

-Conky only shows that I have two cores when I have 3. (Simple change, I'm sure, but I don't know how to do it.)
    -I am not a fan of all of the add-ons in Firefox. I would rather have the default theme and add things as I need them.
    -Applets don't play well with monochrome themes. Particularly the Update Manager, Clipboard manager, and the camera-like applet.
    -Boot screen has a terrible low-resolution look on my 1920x1080 monitor.
    -When the Folders dock hides, it makes ugly horizontal streaks across my monitor.
    -The changing wallpaper application is cool, but it gets annoying when half of the wallpapers don't match the main theme.

Overall, it is a good OS but these bugs are holding me back from keeping it.
    I had to setup conky to work on every PC. you can find out how to set it up here.

For firefox just delete the profile folder.

"Applets don't play well with monochrome themes." this is going to be a problem for all distro's. Until these programs bring out a monochrome icon there isn't a lot I can do about it. Some people have made monochrome icons for most programs so just have a look on google.

"Boot screen has a terrible low-resolution look on my 1920x1080 monitor." This is a problem with Ubuntu look here for a fix.

"The changing wallpaper application is cool, but it gets annoying when half of the wallpapers don't match the main theme."

Up in the panel on the right hand side you will see Webilder. It has a icon of a camera. Just remove that and the wallpapers will stop changing, or right click it to change the settings.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by klepto View Post
    There are some apps on here which are just unnecessary like the PS3 app for media. It shouldn't be there but I won't complain that much as I am loving the setup.
    Congratulations!
    I know its a dedicated PS3 program but it does work on nearly all UPnP/DLNA devices. A lot of people are now getting entertainment systems that use UPnP/DLNA to stream music/video. All modern operating system should have some sort of UPnP/DLNA server built in as nearly everything that is coming out has the ability to access a UPnP/DLNA server. I have tried many UPnP/DLNA servers and PMS-Linux is the easiest to use.
    Last edited by pinguy; September 1st, 2010 at 03:16 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by pinguy View Post
    I know its a dedicated PS3 program but it does work on nearly all UPnP/DLNA devices. A lot of people are now getting entertainment systems that use UPnP/DLNA to stream music/video. All modern operating system should have some sort of UPnP/DLNA server built in as nearly everything that is coming out has the ability to access a UPnP/DLNA server. I have tried many UPnP/DLNA servers and PMS-Liunx is the easiest to use.
    Seconded. PMS is an amazing application, and deserves way more recognition. It has a good GUI, but is also very easy to work with from the terminal. It just needs a bit more documentation for editing the PMS.conf file.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by pinguy View Post
    I am really sorry. I have spent the last couple of days trying to work out why its not working for you and the only thing I could think of is it was a bad DVD burn or your drive is on it's way out. This should work on your system.
    I appreciate the effort, thanks and i will however be running this on my laptop!

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

I enjoyed it . Only con (for me) is the filesize. I have a slow internet connection and it takes forever to download at times.

When I tried installing my wireless driver from the LiveUSB, it fails all the time. This doesn't happen with Ubuntu at all when I try to install it from the LiveUSB.

Btw, is there going to be an update of Pinguy OS when 10.10 is released?
    Last edited by yo2boy; September 2nd, 2010 at 05:26 PM.

Page 37 of 45 FirstFirst ... 273536373839 ... LastLast