View Poll Results: Do You Like This Distro?

Voters
454. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

193 42.51%
  • No.

32 7.05%
  • Haven't Tried It.

176 38.77%
  • Not For Me.

53 11.67%
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Pinguy OS

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: Pinguy OS 10.04 x64, Please Try.

Quote Originally Posted by extigyro View Post
    I have the same problem, too.
    The compression level is too high and the output compression file format is the patented 'JPEG', that's the problem. Now I have no such problems.

My (recommended) settings are:

Output file format: PNG
    Compression level: 7

P.S. The headline of the thread should be changed to:
    "Pinguy OS 10.04 (Lucid). Please try."

Regards,
    Miro
    I do want to change it but can't see the settings to rename the headline. I would also like to remove the bottom result from the poll.
    Last edited by pinguy; July 24th, 2010 at 08:02 AM.

DONATE TO PINGUY OS or show some love on Patreon.com

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by pinguy View Post
    Try deleting ftjatmjN.tar.part

Code:
    sudo rm /tmp/ftjatmjN.tar.part
    Thanks, that did the trick. This is really awesome. I changed a few things and got rid of a lot of the bookmarks, but so far, no more problems here! Good work!

Beans

That's really odd?? I have never had a problem with shutter giving me blurry pictures. Thanks for letting me know.

If more people are having the same problem can you tell me and I will replace it in the next version. It's the default in the distro because it can do so much more then gnome-screenshot, but if a lot of people are having problems I will use a different program.

You are the first person I have come across that is having this problem. What graphics card are you using?
    Please don't remove shutter. It's the shizzle. Markcynt probably has the compression setting wrong. [EDIT] I've just noticed he's also using jpg instead of png. Shutter IS the Shizzle. The fantastic cpature options, the profiles, the upload ability and the amazing Edit tool. It's the best.

Shutter in conjunction with the Edit feature (Shutter Drawing Tool) is amazing. Because I copied my Shutter settings from my Mint distro, I never had the chance to see if you'd already added that extra feature to shutter. If it's not, I highly recommend adding it. It's such a perfect tool for quickly editing and censoring pictures for uploading and publication to blogs, forums etc.

Great Distro BTW. I'm loving it. gPodder is my preferred Podcatcher though. Thanks for the amazing effort.

The only issue I've had so far, is with Conky. For some reason it changes to "always on top".
    Last edited by Badcam; July 24th, 2010 at 11:02 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Too much Mac-OS looking for my taste. I like the Mac Os thought but not in Linux.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

That's really odd?? I have never had a problem with shutter giving me blurry pictures. Thanks for letting me know.

If more people are having the same problem can you tell me and I will replace it in the next version. It's the default in the distro because it can do so much more then gnome-screenshot, but if a lot of people are having problems I will use a different program.

You are the first person I have come across that is having this problem. What graphics card are you using?
    TBO I'd never heard of shutter until the blurry pictures.

Changing the settings like extigyro did fixed the issue for me.

You might want to make those settings default.
    ASUS P5N-E SLI, INTEL CORE2DUO E6850 3.0 GHZ
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB, 2GB RAM 800MHZ DDR2
    HITACHI 2X320 GB HD

Beans

After being away from Linux in general for a couple of months I tried your Ubuntu spin-off.

It works great and looks nice installed. I can see this becoming popular among the not so geeky Linux crowd.

It's really newbie friendly with the added Mint tools and application. Even my family will dig this.

Thumbs up!

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by pont.andersson View Post
    Too much Mac-OS looking for my taste. I like the Mac Os thought but not in Linux.
    Isn't that a oxymoron?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Probably one of the nicer "remixes" of Ubuntu. Really good job. But I am a little biased because my desktop looks very similar. Although I don't use Gnome panel at all.
    Proud GNU/Linux zealot and lover of penguins
    "Value your freedom or you will lose it, teaches history." --Richard Stallman

Beans

Do include Ubuntu Control Center in the final release. The only thing I dislike about it is the software package tool cannot be configured to work with whatever software package manager you have - only with Ubuntu Software Center. Apart from that, its a great control center to have in an Ubuntu based distro and its as close as we'll ever get to Mandriva Control Center.

Last edited by NormanFLinux; July 24th, 2010 at 11:50 PM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Some reason this doubled posted?

@NormanFLinux: Look here
    Last edited by pinguy; July 25th, 2010 at 12:31 AM.

Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast