Thread: Evolution Autocomplete (like outlook nk2)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Evolution Autocomplete (like outlook nk2)

Hey Guys,

I use evolution a lot during my working day, I work in IT so my work is heavily email driven. I have used ubuntu on my personal computers for a while now and last week decided to migrate my work computer from Windows to ubuntu.

For my work email, contacts and calendars I use google apps for business (highly recommended by the way!) and evolution syncs all 3 brilliantly. I only have one problem - will not really a problem more of an annoyance.

As most of you probably know outlook uses the nk2 file to autocomplete email addresses when you begin to type them into the to, cc or bcc bar. I can't seem to enable the same feature in evolution. I have gone into Edit > Preferences > Mail Preferences > Automatic Contacts. I have then put a tick in the check box "create address book entries when sending emails" and I have selected the ubuntu one address book (don't want my gmail contacts being clogged up). After sending some emails it doesn't seem to store the addresses in the 'history'.

Any advice guys?

Cheers Jing.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Evolution Autocomplete (like outlook nk2)

Since posting this I have worked out what was wrong. I changed the address book from ubuntu one to personal and it is now storing the 'history' of email addresses.

Being able to do it with ubuntu one would be nice to do. This way it would replicate across all my ubuntu machines....wouldn't it?

Jing

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Evolution Autocomplete (like outlook nk2)

I also had this problem, but managed to resolve it by right clicking on the Ubuntu One Address book, selecting preferences and then ticking the "use this address book for auto completion" box.