Thread: Function key remain pressed in samsung x360

Beans

Function key remain pressed in samsung x360

I've a Samsung X360 Laptop and I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 on it. Everything was OK with the keyboard but today I had a very strange behavior. I plugged a logitech keyboard via usb to it and used this keyboard at school. But then when I unplugged the keyboard and tried to use my laptop's original keyboard I noticed that the Fn key simulates as pressed. When I reboot to Windows on the same laptop, it works ok, that is it is not really pressed by default. Even on the Ubuntu login screen, it works ok. But in my Ubuntu session, it works as if I press the Fn key. To write this message I'm physically pressing the Fn key such that it behaves as if nothing is pressed.

I googled about it but couldn't find anything helpful. It's really annoying to write any text with this negated behavior. I also changed the keyboard layout to original but nothing changed.

Additionally, my keyboard's left and right arrow buttons are bundled to volume down/up with Fn key pressed and they work OK. I.e. I can use them normally and when I press the Fn key, I can change the volume as expected. F1-F12 also work properly.

Any helps are welcome!

Beans

Re: Function key remain pressed in samsung x360

I learned that Fn-F11 resolves the problem. There's a lock symbol on F11 key's right bottom corner and I think it means to lock the Fn key. When I press it again, it toggles to behaving as I told.

Beans

Re: Function key remain pressed in samsung x360

i had the same problem with my samsung n150 plus and your solution worked great! big big thanks!