Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: close, maximize, and minimize windows and the Application title bar disappear

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

close, maximize, and minimize windows and the Application title bar disappear

I am using GNOME Ubuntu 64 bit Lucid Lynx with Cairo Dock, Compiz Fusion, Screenlets

Sometimes when I start up linux the buttons to close, maximize, and minimize windows and the Application title bar disappear. Restarting usually fixes the problem.

Do you have any ideas why this would happen? Is there a command that will restart gnome without having to restart the computer?

Thanks

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: close, maximize, and minimize windows and the Application title bar disappear

Hi!
    Depending on what window decoration engine you use, you need to run (Alt+F2):
    Code:
    compiz --replace
    or
    Code:
    emerald --replace
    I don't know why it crashes though.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: close, maximize, and minimize windows and the Application title bar disappear

When my computer does it again it'll try the replace command and post back my results.

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

if it's happening with compiz then you could fire up the compiz settings manager (ccsm from terminal) and have a look at the window decorations settings under effects.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

same problem with lucid 32bit. and it will solve by compiz --replace.

but why this happens sometimes? how we can solve this?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

The compiz --replace worked great thanks!

Beans

This works... but why is this a problem even in May of 2011? Was this not fixed? I got this error 4 times in 2 days

Sounds like a bug everyone is going to get. I'm using 11.04 64-bit

Beans

I get this bug a few times every day. The 11.04 release is very dissapointing.

Beans

With the old netbook remix, the bars and panels disappeared in maximus when running a compositing engine.

The workaround was to shut off decorate. After that, everything stayed up.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by rabla View Post
    I get this bug a few times every day. The 11.04 release is very dissapointing.
    Hi, you can not enable any effect in compiz when running unity, if you want compiz you need to log out and hit your user name and go to the bottom of the screen and click ubuntu classic and you can enable effects, I am running the cube and full effects in classic mode no problem at all. Compiz was not meant to be used with effects enabled in unity.Also you need to know that this is the first release with changes in the way ubuntu handles things, so it will get better as time goes on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast