Thread: Unanswered threads....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Unanswered threads....

I used to haunt a forum site about half as hard as I am haunting this one lately and in that forum, after logging in, was a fairly obvious "unanswered posts" link near top of every page.

The nearest I can find to that here is 'New Posts' and I'm actually wondering if anyone can prove or deny that such a thing is in place here in ubuntuforums.org - I love finding the poor beggars who have asked something so dumb or difficult that nobody else will touch it with a ten foot pole! (*Of course I try most of them but there is the odd one that even I am not friendly/dumb enough to have a go at!!!)

I don't mind digging into a menu to find it and I won't hesitate to start a petition to have it made if it simply isn't here.
    NEED HELP? | [SOLVED] | MS hide
    A little nonsense now and then...
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Re: Unanswered threads....

Search > Advanced Search > Find Threads with (At most) 0 replies > Search.

It took a while for it to query the db, about 45 seconds for me.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Forum tools- unanswered post.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 22.04 Jammy Jellyfish

Quote Originally Posted by overdrank View Post
    Ah hah! So that was where I remembered seeing that.
    Come to #ubuntuforums! We have cookies! | Basic Ubuntu Security Guide

Tomorrow's an illusion and yesterday's a dream, today is a solution...

Beans
    Distro

Thanks very much overdrank but to be quite frank I can't see 'Forum tools' anywhere on pages loading from ubuntuforums.org and I'm thinking maybe it is something you get when you are a moderator - or in light CharlesA can apparently see it, perhaps I need many many more beans?

Thanks very much CharlesA. It's a little clunky though, and I see that the address the search results are given on probably won't work for new ones all the time, so I think I am going to pursue it with TPTB to get a link in, perhaps even if only in the User CP, somewhere a bit prominent perhaps even saying "Can you help with unanswered posts?" or perhaps just "Unanswered Posts"

I will mark this thread solved when it's been an hour since anyone posted their opinion of this idea to it!
    Last edited by robsoles; July 3rd, 2010 at 11:45 AM. Reason: CharlesA post above reveals he can see it where I still can't - change proposition why I can't see it!
    If this is a game thread and you are going to post I hope you have read the Original Post.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 20.04 Focal Fossa

Quote Originally Posted by robsoles View Post
    Thanks very much overdrank but to be quite frank I can't see 'Forum tools' anywhere on pages loading from ubuntuforums.org and I'm thinking maybe it is something you get when you are a moderator - or in light CharlesA can apparently see it, perhaps I need many many more beans?

Thanks very much CharlesA. It's a little clunky though, and I see that the address the search results are given on probably won't work for new ones all the time, so I think I am going to pursue it with TPTB to get a link in, perhaps even if only in the User CP, somewhere a bit prominent perhaps even saying "Can you help with unanswered posts?" or perhaps just "Unanswered Posts"

I will mark this thread solved when it's been an hour since anyone posted their opinion of this idea to it!
    Hi and when you enter a specific forums like cafe, Absolute Beginner Talk. Moved to Forum Feedback & Help
    Last edited by overdrank; January 16th, 2011 at 08:10 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Just did the easiest test available to me in Firefox, simply searched the page for 'forum tools' and the search box went red directly after pressing the 't' after the space character.

I checked a few different pages, all whilst logged in of course, including the User CP.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by robsoles View Post
    Just did the easiest test available to me in Firefox, simply searched the page for 'forum tools' and the search box went red directly after pressing the 't' after the space character.

I checked a few different pages, all whilst logged in of course, including the User CP.
    Hi and when you enter a specific forums like cafe, Absolute Beginner Talk. Moved to Forum Feedback & Help
    Dunno why I didn't try it at a more logical level in the forum tree!

Thanks very much, this poster is happier and marking this thread solved right now!