Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MIRO stopped working

Beans

Re: MIRO stopped working

I think this problem is too new. I searched the forums (not just ubuntuforums.org) for an answer to this question 3 weeks ago when it started happening for me, and found didley squat on the subect. Maybe after more people have run the most recent updates, they will start posting here.

Beans

Ok, so I fixed my Miro...sort of. I bit the bullet and upgraded to 10.04 Lucid, then installed Miro 3.0.x, and it works...really well! My feeds were still intact, and the upgrade to 10.04 could not have been more painless. I thought jumping from 8.04 to 10.04 would be this huge process, with command line crap out the yin-yang. I never touched the terminal once!

I highly recommend upgrading your release guys.

Beans

hey can anyone help me i downloaded miro and have been useing it for monthes now and then my computer shut down not properly due to a storm and ever since miro wont open instead it says this in a little pop up (An unknown error prevented Miro from startup. Please file a bug report at http://www.getmiro.com/bug.html.) ive uninstalled and reinstalled miro twice to try to get it to work and ive even reinstalled the newer version in hopes it would work but still nothing can anyone help me please.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Following the advice at the following launchpad page solved my problem:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...ro/+bug/566445

I opened Synaptic Package Manager and installed xulrunner-1.9.2 and xulrunner-1.9.2-gnome-support as it suggested, and that proved sufficient - miro works as normal again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12