Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Youtube video turns white in full screen.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: Youtube video turns white in full screen.

I tried settings permissions (CHMOD) for /opt/google/chrome/libgcflashplayer.so to 777 but it didn't make the full screen work.
    Make a wish... it'll be your last

Beans
    Distro

Anything else I could do in order to fix the full screen mode problem?

I have tried to go on different website with videos to try the full screen mode, and every time I got a white screen with sound in the background. Up to now, no flash worked on full screen.

Beans

Saw your question while looking on google for the solution to this myself. Try right clicking on the video while it's playing in normal mode and going to settings, then uncheck enable hardware acceleration. Hope it helps.

http://www.google.com/support/forum/...defb2ddb&hl=en

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by sc0ttdotnet View Post
    Saw your question while looking on google for the solution to this myself. Try right clicking on the video while it's playing in normal mode and going to settings, then uncheck enable hardware acceleration. Hope it helps.

I got the same problem with youtube cant play when in fullscreen mode. Uncheck "enable hardware acceleration" can help but the video gets smaller (even smaller than normal) when you hit fullscreen.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by sc0ttdotnet View Post

Great, it seemed to fix it for me. For people that didn't get to fix it yet, I found a temporary fix. I think it only works for youtube but I didn't check other websites.

1. Go to a youtube video.
    2. Naviguate to /tmp/. (Example: /home/user/ -> Now it's only /tmp/)
    3. Find the video you are watching. (The file should be named: Flash + the video ID you can see in your URL bar.)
    4. Open that file and you will be able to see the video but without youtube.
    5. Press F11 for full screen.)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolique View Post
    Great, it seemed to fix it for me. For people that didn't get to fix it yet, I found a temporary fix. I think it only works for youtube but I didn't check other websites.

1. Go to a youtube video.
    2. Naviguate to /tmp/. (Example: /home/user/ -> Now it's only /tmp/)
    3. Find the video you are watching. (The file should be named: Flash + the video ID you can see in your URL bar.)
    4. Open that file and you will be able to see the video but without youtube.
    5. Press F11 for full screen.)
    It's easier to use my extension FlashVideoReplacer, which allows to watch YouTube with a different plugin, without the need to download the video or manually launching it from the tmp folder. It replaces the video on site.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Try my extension FLASH-AID. It was designed to install the proper version of flash (which you already have) and fix conflicting plugin issues (which seems you don't have), but I have seen some people fixing other problems I wasn't expecting to fix with it.

it worked for me

+1

Beans
    Distro

Talking Re: Youtube video turns white in full screen.

Clearing the checkbox for acceleration in context-menu->Settings did it for me (persistently, i.e., running subsequent videos).

Cheers for the fix

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12