Thread: from a real newb

Beans

from a real newb

hello all. i just installed ubuntu 10.04 and i am very impressed. i have managed to get on the net, reformat drives and set up my computer all without having to get into the terminal. i think this will greatly help to bring linux to the masses. ultimately i would like to only use ubuntu although my love of next gen games seems that this will not be possibly for a while. i was proficient with dos and cant wait to sink my teeth into the terminal as a lot of the commands seem familiar. i am interested in getting a complete newbs guide to the terminal. i will not ask for any guides as i am sure it is already here. i just couldnt wait to register so i could share my delight with fellow linux users.. thank you so much for delivering such a user friendly yet powerful os. there are just not enough hours in the day to discover this gem. if ******* didnt find the need to hold MY data hostage then i may have never discovered this brilliant os.
    as i learn more i am sure that i will be back asking for more advice. would be interested to find a program similar to dvd fab but from what i have read nothing at the moment..it is comforting to know that there is such a strong community here..thanks again...
    whitey

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: from a real newb

Last edited by jmszr; June 28th, 2010 at 02:00 AM.