Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ripping Music Issues

Beans

Re: Ripping Music Issues

RB has fixed this today in 12.10 by enabling a 'Custom Setting'
    What is does is then dynamically edit the quality settings in the .prs that is auto-created in `~/.gstreamer-0.10/presets
    It only adjust the quality= line, if desiring other parameters then one can probably self edit
    (but if doing so & then re-opening the settings dialog in RB I'd check the file just to see if anything unwanted was written

Whether SJ will likewise be set up to use these prests and or edit don't know yet, but again if not it only would need the presets name to be added to it's .gep to use that preset, RB no longer needs the "preset=" line in it's .gep

The preset name being used are - rhythmbox-custom-settings for all enabled profiles

Whether this gets SRU'd to 12.04 don't know, really should be.

screen shows the preset as Default supplied, by changing it has been moved to a .bak & there will be a new one
    screen 2 the new preset @ quality=1

Note - if this does show up in 12.04 & one had previously created .prs or 2 then delete it or you'll end up with 2 presets in the .prs which wouldn't be good
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mc4man; June 4th, 2012 at 06:17 PM.

Beans

I ended up installing Asunder CD Ripper with the add-ons listed in USC. It worked great and the music plays with my Walkman.

iHappy
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Whether this gets SRU'd to 12.04 don't know, really should be.
    I hope so. It is always better when one doesn't have to install multiple programs to similar tasks.
    Cheers & Beers, uRock
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Beans

It seems That RB has decided to change it's toolbar a bit, not sure how well received that's going to be..

They've moved album art to the toolbar, so to accommodate have increased the width & added text under icons. Atm when there is no art avail. the placeholder icon is terrible, that should be fixed though overall the look is heavy

The source built fine in 12.04 & other than that small icon regression can go into 12.04 easily. (actually one could probably just use the current 12.10 RB packages in 12.04

Or just the preset code could be applied & RB's interface changes left for 12.10
    Though it's also possible that nothing will be done in 12.04 officially..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12