Thread: Docking Stations for notebook

Beans

Docking Stations for notebook

Hey,

I have a HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA and I am getting fed up of plugging in mountains of loose cables and wires into it every time I come back home. I was thinking of getting a docking station for it, but I would like one that is compatible with both my windows 7 and ubuntu partitions. Basically so I don't have to reconnect my external monitor, keyboard, mouse and various other accessories every time.

Cheers

Beans

Re: Docking Stations for notebook

Quote Originally Posted by Cloud Wolf View Post
    Hey,

I have a HP Compaq Mini 311c-1010SA and I am getting fed up of plugging in mountains of loose cables and wires into it every time I come back home. I was thinking of getting a docking station for it, but I would like one that is compatible with both my windows 7 and ubuntu partitions. Basically so I don't have to reconnect my external monitor, keyboard, mouse and various other accessories every time.

Cheers
    Hi,

Did you find a compatible docking station?

I'm thinking of buying one too, but getting the video to work in Ubuntu doesn't appear to be too straight forward.

If the docking station doesn't take all your cables, there probably isn't much point in having one.