Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Install and configure Canon MX340 All-in-one on Lucid 64 bit

Beans

Re: Install and configure Canon MX340 All-in-one on Lucid 64 bit

I didn't get any error messages in Unity but it did not detect the printer at all, which is often my experience. I wish installing printers were not so difficult in Linux. Difficult for me, at least.

Beans

I tried everything I could find here and else to get my canon pixma mx340 working with ubuntu 11.4 it was easy with the earlier versions of Ubuntu. Not so much any more was about toss Linux out the door after 3 years and go back what works windows. Then I found turbo print for Linux. Turbo Linux has several hundred drivers for Linux built in you can get either 32 bit or 64 bit versions from them. Bad thing is its not free or open source 30 day free trial and 30 bucks to buy. Any way itworks great and its very easy to install. Check it out at,

http://www.zedonet.com/en_p_turbopri...i.phtml?arch=1

Beans

For Ubuntu 11.10 64bit

Just seen this thread but you need to have a look at the thread below and try the points which worked for me (page 5 has the 64bit drivers)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1518425

Many thanks to Cypher2, bota87 and Marseille, I have finally got my MX340 to print by USB & wireless.

I my experience you need to:-

Set the printer up according to Cypher2's instructions (page 1)

Then use bota87's packages and Cypher2's method of installing them.

BUT first check you have "ia32-libs" and "ia32-libs-multiarch:i386" packages install on your system, it did not work for me without them.

Also it may help to re-boot.

One very happy man

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123