Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: MultiBootUSB - Install and boot multiple Linux from Pendrive / Flash drive / USB disk

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: MultiBootUSB - Install and boot multiple Linux from Pendrive / Flash drive / USB

Released bug fix Version 1.1.

@C.S.Cameron

how about Chromium os.

i will look in to it

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: MultiBootUSB - Install and boot multiple Linux from Pendrive / Flash drive / USB

Hi,

I tried to use the version 1.1, but it always says the gz-file is corrupt. So now I'm trying version 1.0...

Thanks for the work,

Linus

Beans

I can plainly say that I've read this entire thread and followed the directions to a tee and STILL could not get this working in Ubuntu 10.10 x64. My flash drive does not have spaces. I'm sudo'ing where proper. I've got my terminal maximized. I was really hoping this would work, the script itself is beautiful but it's just too bad it doesn't work - it can't find my USB drive.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by blacksunseven View Post
    I can plainly say that I've read this entire thread and followed the directions to a tee and STILL could not get this working in Ubuntu 10.10 x64. My flash drive does not have spaces. I'm sudo'ing where proper. I've got my terminal maximized. I was really hoping this would work, the script itself is beautiful but it's just too bad it doesn't work - it can't find my USB drive.
    Please refer the 60th post. Whiptail tool comes along with the script is 32 bit version. So please download and replace with 64 bit version of whiptail. Some how it slipped of from my mind. In the next version i try to fix this issue.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Thank you very much Sundar. If I'd known before of this magnificent simplicity I'd have done it yonks ago and reduced the need for USB sticks around fivefold.

At first I didn't succeed, because I'm working on sets of custom distros with custom names that the MultiBootUSB.sh script doesn't recognise, although I did try adding a few entries into the script here and there to make the formal introductions for script and mysterious .isos, but still to no avail ...

... or so I thought. What happened was I created a USB stick with the standard /boot/grub diectory with the usual 145 files, alongside an empty /boot/iso dir. Lo and behold if copying the three .isos straight into that /boot/iso dir and then changing the title and filenames of three parts of each corresponding menuentry in the grub.cfg file didn't do the trick in a matter of minutes! HOORAY!

Now I have a premonition that I can overcome the problems I've been having with unetbootin-356 (in Karmic) not behaving cordially towards my custom Maverick & Natty distros by simply copying the .iso files straight onto the already working flash drive, and not have to bother with all that wasted time booting into 10.10 just for the sake of unetbootin-471. I maybe wrong on that one yet, but it's on the way to 23:00 here so I might get some rest and try that one out in the morning.

Thanks again for demonstrating such a smooth solution to filling up a 4Gb flash drive with a whole family of Live .isos. I never would have guessed it was so simple.

The code is free but the data is priceless.

Beans
    Distro

Released bug fix version 1.2.

Beans

Ok, for you who have problems with the autoinstall, here a simple way to get things done manually.

1. open terminal and become root
    2. fdisk -l (<= check usb device)
    3. mkdir /mnt/USB_HDD && mount /dev/sdb1 /mnt/USB_HDD (sdb1 = your usb device checked with fdisk -l)
    4. grub-install --force --no-floppy --root-directory=/mnt/USB /dev/sdb (where sdb is your usb device)

Now you have installed grub2 to your usb device and now you can manually create boot entrys, iso's etc to the grub list.

Beans
    Distro

Released new version 2.0 with support for lot of distros.

Beans
    Distro

The background image included in the new release is downloaded from internet (for testing purpose). some one can help me in designing new background image for the script (of-course image should have script name).

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

I tried today's update with avg, clonezilla, gparted, kubuntu, linuxmint, systemrescuecd, tinycore, ubuntu-10.10 and tried to do the menuentry for a backup iso from remastersys by hand.
    My menuentry for a backup iso from remastersys did not work.

It would be nice if MultiBootUSB did remastersys backup iso's

Edit:

The image looks pretty good but I hope this is not a sign that MultiBootUSB is on the road to becoming bloatware.
    Last edited by C.S.Cameron; January 16th, 2011 at 02:43 AM.

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast