Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: So...I can't use the terminal at my friends house...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: So...I can't use the terminal at my friends house...

Quote Originally Posted by murderslastcrow View Post
    Haha jerenept. I'm lucky everyone in this house uses Linux or OSX (for Adobe and the iTunes App Store, they want to use Ubuntu though).

The thing about irrational fear and paranoia is that it isn't a logical thing. People aren't purely logical creatures, they're emotional and spiritual creatures, too. Because of this, the inner part of a human being can override the mind, even if it's dangerous and pointless. If we don't steel our minds, our humanity can become less worthy, and we become sheeple.

It's important not to let your fears dictate your being, but have your being dictate your life.
    amen.

Beans

It maybe illogical, it maybe irrational, but again it's his PC it's his network. Therefore his choice and guests either honor that or stay out , to do anything else is arrogant and rude.
    This account is not active.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

LOL I use Linux solely, my wife duel boots, my brother in law uses Linux solely....

Beans

I quite agree with Kiwi. When you are in someones home and domain, you are honor bound to obey their rules and respect their culture.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    It maybe illogical, it maybe irrational, but again it's his PC it's his network. Therefore his choice and guests either honor that or stay out , to do anything else is arrogant and rude.
    I was on my laptop, not even connected to the internet. I wouldn't even try to connect to the internet at their house, it'd be too much of a pain. They don't even have wireless internet. Besides I don't even have the technical know how on how to "hack" let alone make a wireless connection appear out of nowhere.

Beans

Well yes. but I think you're missing the point - the point that this guy's response would not be something we would have expected in the least from simply opening a terminal and therefore couldn't have known to avoid.

My laptop runs a tiling desktop and also boots without launching X. If this guy hypothetically took interest in my system I suppose I would have been kicked out the moment I turned it on.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by xpod View Post
    Reminds me a little of this nonsense. Funny of course, but nonsense all the same.
    Not the first time I have seen that story...god that person has their head in the fog about the computer world.
    Last edited by Windows Nerd; June 27th, 2010 at 07:27 AM.
    "I use a Unix based OS, therefore I get laid about as often as I reboot."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Windows Nerd View Post
    Not the first time I have seen that story...god that person has their head in the fog about the computer world.
    adequacy.org was a troll site made by a regular Slashdot troll.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by KiwiNZ View Post
    It was not his PC and it wasn't connected to his network.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Legendary_Bibo View Post
    ... His dad flipped out on me and started screaming at me saying I was trying to hack him (he has nothing on his computer, it's only used to track internet connected to it ), and I was kicked out for the day. The thing is...they don't have wireless internet at all.
    Dumb paranoiacs are dangerous - just imagine his reaction if you just smile to his wife...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast