Thread: WoW and RealID

Beans

WoW and RealID

Ok so when I log in, realID is working fine, But after awhile it says Battle.net is unavailable. if i restart wow, it fixes it for a bit, but stops working after awhile again.

Anyone else experience this in ubuntu?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Re: WoW and RealID

Quote Originally Posted by dardack View Post
    Ok so when I log in, realID is working fine, But after awhile it says Battle.net is unavailable. if i restart wow, it fixes it for a bit, but stops working after awhile again.

Anyone else experience this in ubuntu?

Have you tried using the latest development release of Wine? if you open a terminal and type 'wine --version', it should print something like: 1.2-rc5

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

And Blizz is having MANY issues with RealID. The tech forum has quite a few threads on it.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cwwilson721 View Post
    And Blizz is having MANY issues with RealID. The tech forum has quite a few threads on it.
    Ok but on my windows machine this doesn't happen.

Also, I just noticed on my ubuntu machine, realid friends all locations say unknown. But on windows I see their locations fine. Anyone else see this problem?

Beans

Can anyone with wow/linux confirm if you just see unknown on your realid friends location.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

There are currently MANY issues with the newest wine and the newest WoW patch having to do with network (Mostly, RealID related). Just wait. It may take awhile. It's a combo of WoW, wine, AND the kernel

Beans

Yea I've been waiting, Curious if anyone on linux has been using RealID and can see their friends location/toon. I can't, but if i boot into an old windows box, i can see all my realid info fine.

EDIt: Sorry i'm getting toon they are on, just unknown for location/zone/realm.
    Last edited by dardack; July 27th, 2010 at 07:31 PM.