Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 iPhone iOS 4 Support?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 iPhone iOS 4 Support?

Quote Originally Posted by BishopPell View Post
    Tried - that, but still get the bus error. When I upgraded to 10.04 I had to create a new user to get iphone syncing working, wondering if the same might work this time. Will try and see.
    Ok - so creating a new user on my ubuntu 10.04 allows me to 'successfully' transfer an MP3 to the iPhone, but no matter what I do this song does not appear on the iphone ipod app. My experience now seems to correspond to what some others are reporting which is that the itunesDb format has changed and rhythymbox is not writing the correct format to the iphone.

In the mean time it would be fantastic to know what I need to change about my user account to enable the iphone to actually work without a bus error. As once music syncing is fixed in the libmobiledevice or libgpod libraries I am still stuck unless I create a new account.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tnt533 View Post
    try plugging in your iPhone, wait for it to fully mount and appear in Rhythmbox and then close and restart Rhythmbox. That worked for me. Make sure to completely close the application not just click close and have it minimize to your tray. Right click on the tray icon and select <Quit> and then reopen it from the gnome panel or how ever you like to start applications.
    Worked for me. Thanks.

Beans

I noticed that after you transfer the files do not show up in the iPod app. However, if you delete something else from your iPhone through rhythmbox the phone will update its database and the new file will then show up. Annoying but works (until you're out of things you want to delete).

Beans

I was googling for this problem.... couldn't get music to sync. Turns out that I was trying to move .ogg files to my iPhone on ios 4. Just a word of advice to anyone with this issue - make sure you're moving compatible files

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I've been trying, but it's not working... sad

According to the libimobile device, syncing is working with iOS 4.0.1 but NOT with iphone 4 or ipad. I guess we'll have to wait..
    Busques ajuda? Comença pel wiki de l'equip català!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

I think that the problem is related to the libgpod4 and not to the libimobiledevice. I have readt in some blogs it is working perfectly. As PatrickVogeli said, we will have to wait for an update, even though I hope that its arrive before the Ubuntu 10.10 release.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by esaloch View Post
    I noticed that after you transfer the files do not show up in the iPod app. However, if you delete something else from your iPhone through rhythmbox the phone will update its database and the new file will then show up. Annoying but works (until you're out of things you want to delete).
    Can you be more specific? Delete what? If you say that it works, it is because you know what it is. Do you want to share of keep it secret?
    Cheers...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Quote Originally Posted by jsampaio57 View Post
    Can you be more specific? Delete what? If you say that it works, it is because you know what it is. Do you want to share of keep it secret?
    Cheers...
    He obviously means delete something like a song, or album. I too can confirm that this works. It would be nice though if this wasn't needed to be done though. It's just small problems like this that put off people from coming over to Linux.
    Last edited by gast0r; September 2nd, 2010 at 03:25 AM.

Beans

I have the same problem with one other post up in the thread. I followed the instructions to install the libimobiledevice1 through synaptic and include the debug thing, did the dist upgrade and installed upgrades. Prior to this, rhythmbox would not recognize the iphone.. it would launch (and the annoying fspot) but the phone icon would not be there... that works now after the installation of libimobiledevice1. i was able to transfer a file to the phone and it sync'd as i closed rhythmbox, but when i checked the ipod app on the phone to see if i could play, the song was not there...

i'm on 10.04 LTS with the actual iphone 4...

so to summarize, 10.04 will only work with the IOS 4.xx on the 3rd gen phone... not the new iphone 4 hardware?

EDIT:

hmmm... the deleting of songs didn't work for me... i transfered some files from rhythmbox to the iphone, then i deleted a song on the iphone via the controls on rhythmbox (remove - the move to trash was grayed out), but nothing showed up on the iphone after it sync'd and i disconnected it from the usb connection. i connected it to windows and checked itunes, and there weren't any files there as well...
    Last edited by girard; October 5th, 2010 at 02:55 AM. Reason: addition

Beans

Same thing here ..."No content" in iTunes app on iPhone 4 after an apparent sync'

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast