Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Ubuntu 10.04 iPhone iOS 4 Support?

Beans

Re: Ubuntu 10.04 iPhone iOS 4 Support?

i wonder if anyone knows of any development on this issue?

Beans

Do we have an update on the iPad? My iPhone4 and iPod work fine with Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 with iOS4.1 but for some reason the iPad is not recognized with any version of iOS.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by n3rxs View Post
    Do we have an update on the iPad? My iPhone4 and iPod work fine with Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 with iOS4.1 but for some reason the iPad is not recognized with any version of iOS.
    your iphone 4 works fine with ubuntu 10.xx? would you mind sharing how you got this to work please...

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cool Re: Ubuntu 10.04 iPhone iOS 4 Support?

Upgraded to libimobiledevice1 per link.
    Where on the iphone are you suppose to put your mp3 files? What directory? Do you just use the file browser or can you do it with rhythmbox? When I plug in my iphone4 (IOS4.1) I can see it under devices and a file browser opens.

TIA

Beans

Hi everyone. I have been trying to get my iphone 4 to mount in Lucid.

When I first plugged it in it opened Fspot and I got a message from Rhythmbox asking me to initialize my iphone (when I followed those instructions nothing happened)

After I installed libimobiledevice1.0.3 my computer just doesn't see the iphone at all. I unistalled and reinstalled it a couple of times, and tried going back to libimobiledevice0, but nothing helped.

Now, when I go to synaptic libimobiledevice1 doesn't even show up anymore.

Any suggestions? I am pretty lost as to how to even get the iphone4 to mount. Thanks!

Beans

I've just got my iphone4. Not happy you can't transfer mobile to mobile, but that's another story!

I have loads of images and vids I want to transfer from 'puter to said iphone. I tested with one image and it transferred it ok. I casn see it in Nautilus, it is there, but it doesn't show when I click on the photo app.

I also transferred some music using rhythmbox and it showed the files transferring but they won't show in ipod app and I can't find them with nautilus either!. I haven't tried the above fix yet though.

Beans

Are there any development on iPhone 4 (iOs 4.2.1) or iPod Touch 4g (iOs 4.1)?

I have those 2 devices and they are recognized but after transferring some mp3, they don't show up after disconnecting...

Anything new about that?

Thanks

P.S. I'm on Ubuntu 10.10 and libimobiledevice 1.0.4-1 and usbmuxd 1.0.6-1 are installed.
    Last edited by DShad; January 5th, 2011 at 06:14 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.10 Gutsy Gibbon

I'm having the same problem as some of you.

I have the iPhone 4, and I got Rhythm Box to transfer the files to the phone (which took a long time, about an hour) and when I checked on the phone in the iPod app, there was 'No Content', but when I check the iPhone in Rhythm Box, I can see and play all of the music.

Is there no known solution for this issue yet?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Attention guys:

Just been trough a surgical downgrade of GVFS modules and all the things installed trough the suggested PPA to make the IOS 4 connect to Ubuntu 10.04, only to discover that it totally destroy Obex and Bluetooth with any other mobile phone that you have. I plan to submit a bug report asap.

Cheers,
    S.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

iPod Touch 2nd Generation iOS4.0 works with my Ubuntu 10.04 and 10.10 installs, transfers music with Rhythmbox, but can't delete music that is on iPod from Rhythmbox, don't know if that's a widespread issue or just me though

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast