Thread: Electricsheep = blank screen

Hybrid View

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Electricsheep = blank screen

Hi,

I installed Electricsheep. When I go to System → Preferences → Screensaver and choose "Electricsheep", I can see the preview.

If I click on "Preview", I can see the screensaver running fine.

But when my screensaver really starts (or whenever I start it manually by locking the screen), all I have is a blanck screen

Would you guys have a solution?

Thanks!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Electricsheep = blank screen

The site download works.
    http://electricsheep.org/

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by wilee-nilee View Post
    The site download works.
    http://electricsheep.org/
    On the site they say to use the version that is in the repositeries... But I'll try, thanks.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu147 View Post
    On the site they say to use the version that is in the repositeries... But I'll try, thanks.
    Hey do what you want but I have used electric sheep on several computers and it always works with the site download, and just the install from the Ubuntu repo has the same black screen. I think the Ubuntu one works it just takes configuring, that is included in the site download.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I went to the site and downloaded the script. I saw it makes me install billions of packages, including developpment packages. Then it just "make install".

I thought I didn't want a "dirty" install like this, so I begun setting up a virtual machine to install all that stuff and make a deb package with checkinstall.

I left my computer alone during the reboot of the virtual machine after installing the guest additions, and when I came back, my screensaver was working

I did absolutely nothing, but now it works. Pretty strange, but I don't really care as long as it works...

Beans

I've found that a fresh install of Electricsheep often has a "blank" period where it doesn't show anything, but, as you've found out, it doesn't last too long.
    http://xkcd.com/293/
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world: Those who understand ternary, those who don't, and those who confuse it with binary.

Beans

I went to the site and downloaded the script. I saw it makes me install billions of packages, including developpment packages. Then it just "make install". ...

I did absolutely nothing, but now it works. Pretty strange, but I don't really care as long as it works...
    It's now available by synaptic, you don't have to compile from src, ust "sudo apt-get install electricsheep".

Beans
    Distro

I went to the site and downloaded the script. I saw it makes me install billions of packages, including developpment packages. Then it just "make install".

I thought I didn't want a "dirty" install like this, so I begun setting up a virtual machine to install all that stuff and make a deb package with checkinstall.

I left my computer alone during the reboot of the virtual machine after installing the guest additions, and when I came back, my screensaver was working

This is hilarious.