Re: Texting while driving

Tacky!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by whiskeylover View Post
    Provided Jesus exists : D
    Fastest way to kill a conversation in history.

On an unrelated note, Colorado made texting while driving illegal this year. I wouldn't have done it anyway lol. It's darwinism. The people stupid enough to be looking down in a 70 MPH aluminum death machine deserve what comes to them.
    These days, my computers change so much, all I can say for sure here is ubuntu.

Beans

Haha 70mph aluminium death machine, dude that is awesome, you come up with that ya self man? As for topic yeah texting whilst driving isn't the best idea is it really.

- Dan

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Windows Nerd View Post
    Probably Gimped, but it's true. Thats why there is a law in my province of no eletronic devices when driving, except for handsfree devices or one-touch devices; new drivers do not have that exception.
    MB just implemented this but haven't seen a single person pulled over and tons still doing it..

Quote Originally Posted by magmon View Post
    On an unrelated note, Colorado made texting while driving illegal this year. I wouldn't have done it anyway lol. It's darwinism. The people stupid enough to be looking down in a 70 MPH aluminum death machine deserve what comes to them.
    But did the family walking across the street?
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual." - Terry Pratchett

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by betrunkenaffe View Post
    But did the family walking across the street?
    It's not my place to tell. I believe in a grand plan. Being a victim of a random act of violence, I have to think that if I can keep going, so could anyone else.

However, this is most likely the type of situation that led our state to make texting while driving illegal.

Beans

Of course, it is always the victim's fault. Just ask BP executives.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by magmon View Post
    It's not my place to tell. I believe in a grand plan. Being a victim of a random act of violence, I have to think that if I can keep going, so could anyone else.

However, this is most likely the type of situation that led our state to make texting while driving illegal.
    The point is if a person up and throws themselves onto a sword, blows up themselves (and only themselves) up or accidentally shoots themselves, it's Darwinism at work. When you provide a wholesale mechanism that can take non-idiots with the idiot, it's not going to be very effective anymore. Sort of like giving a nuke to everyone and suggesting that hitting the button might not give them donuts. While the smart ones won't touch the button, those who do still kill them.
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual." - Terry Pratchett

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I understand the factual point you where making, but I was speaking more in terms of theory and faith. But, we're tangenting. Got any texting stories?

Beans
    Distro
    Lubuntu

Might not have been 'Gimped', maybe the reverend/priest (whatever) realises that a bit of humor is the best way to get the message across.
    -------------------

"The National Safety Council released a report recently that showed 28% of the roughly 1.6 million crashes yearly are caused by drivers on cell phones or texting."

nuff said

From here, www.jerebeasleyreport.com/2010/04/texting-while-driving-said-to-cause-death-of-bicyclist/
    --------------------

It has been illegal to text or use a mobile (hands free is allowed for now) in Australia for years.

Cheers David

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by Phrea View Post
    Does not make me smile.
    It's cheap.

I also think this is against the CoC.
    Correctamundo. It actually is about religion which, Is against the CoC
    Do not PM for Support.