Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Hi marcoshamas,

Btw the oled screens work.
    Did you clone input-wacom?
    I've problems with the buttons.
    With Natty xinput is reserving buttons 4 through 7 for vertical and horizontal scroll. So what happens is Button4 (when you assign it) is Button8. And the jump holds true for the rest of the buttons, i.e. add 4 to the number.
    I've enabled the tablet with "screen" option active for stylus, eraser, cursor and pad.
    Well cursor refers to a Wacom tablet mouse. Do you have one for your Intuos? If not disable it. Same applies to the pad, it does not need to be set to screen.
    Also I've noticed that the tablet is not very responsive inside Gimp...But many times I have to draw a line twice to see it on the screen (btw on the same computer I've karmic and the tablet with gimp works like a charm).
    That's a Unity bug. So when the Natty log-in screen appears at the bottom chose Classic mode or Classic mode without effects and the tablet should work fine in Gimp.

Beans

Did you clone input-wacom?
    I followed II a) and b)

With Natty xinput is reserving buttons 4 through 7 for vertical and horizontal scroll. So what happens is Button4 (when you assign it) is Button8. And the jump holds true for the rest of the buttons, i.e. add 4 to the number.
    Ok thanks! That solved my problem.

That's a Unity bug. So when the Natty log-in screen appears at the bottom chose Classic mode or Classic mode without effects and the tablet should work fine in Gimp.
    I was using classic mode, but with compiz on. If I disable compiz it works fine. I hope they fix it because I like to have compiz on.

Thanks for the help!

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

So I'm having a problem I can't quite figure out... for some reason my xsetwacom.sh causes my machine to initiate a reboot, but then it locks up and I have to manually reboot it anyway.

Very strange. Occurred while trying to get my pad buttons working. On that front... sometimes they work, sometimes they do not. Also strange.

I've gone through the first 25 and last 25 pages of this thread, learned a lot about getting Wacom tablets to work w/ Ubuntu but so far unable to fix my particular issue. Right about now I don't care about the pad buttons any longer, would just like to be able to set the rest of my options

Paste here: http://tinypaste.com/a7799

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

A little additional info I found in /var/log/syslog

Code:
    Oct 16 03:04:16 www kernel: [ 2630.342430] Xorg[1328]: segfault at 24 ip 00007f23f1e61ca8 sp 00007fffb0e18030 error 4 in wacom_drv.so[7f23f1e5e000+15000]
    Also, if it helps, uname -r reports:
    2.6.38-12-generic

and xsetwacom -V reports:

Please ignore the info to the left indicating I'm in Karmic, I'm on Natty atm.

Beans
    Distro

Hi CubicleInmate,

Alright, so Natty with the default Natty xf86-input-wacom-0.10.11.

First thing to check is whether or not you have two xsetwacom executables which is shown towards the end of the Troubleshooting section. That can happen if you compiled xf86-input-wacom and forgot the flag.

In your xsetwacom commands I wonder about:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Finger pad" "MapToOutput" VGA1
    I suppose that could cause a segfault. Pad shouldn't need to be mapped to a monitor. Since you have your Touch Mode set Absolute I guess you're good there.

I notice most of the commands are set to the defaults. You don't need them then and I would comment out the ones set to default. No reason to repeat/restate the driver defaults unless you are changing them. Also BambooPT pads do not have RelWheels, AbsWheels, or Strips and those should be removed.

Beans

i have
    ubuntu 11.10 tcl-460 only pen

solved all ploblems with this: >>>>>EDIT<<<<<< the problem of switching on gimp is only "reduced"

git clone git://linuxwacom.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/linuxwacom/input-wacom

cd /input-wacom/2.6.36/

make -C /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/build SUBDIRS=$(pwd) modules

sudo cp wacom.ko /lib/modules/`uname -r`/kernel/drivers/input/tablet/

sudo rmmod wacom

sudo modprobe wacom
    Last edited by amonpaike; October 17th, 2011 at 08:51 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi amonpaike,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Nice work around! Thank you for sharing it.

So you can compile input-wacom on Oneiric's 3.0 kernel. How 'bout that? The Intuos4's will be happy because now they can get the OLED back port.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Favux, thanks so much for the reply - I should have mentioned a couple things I left out apparently.

I only have one xsetwacom executable installed, from the repo. The reason for my MapToOutput is I'm on a laptop with a second monitor and I only wanted by tablet mapped to the external monitor, this works perfectly.

The reason most things are set to default is because I ran xsetwacom -s get on each device, and then just changed the options I needed to.

After posting last night I removed most of my xsetwacom.sh and left in only this:
    Code:
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Pen stylus" "MapToOutput" VGA1
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Pen eraser" "MapToOutput" VGA1
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Finger touch" "MapToOutput" VGA1
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Pen stylus" Button 1 "1"
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Pen stylus" Button 2 "key shift"
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Pen stylus" Button 3 "3"
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Pen eraser" Button 1 "1"
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Finger pad" Button 3 "key ctrl , -ctrl"
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Finger pad" Button 8 "key ctrl . -ctrl"
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Finger pad" Button 9 "key shift"
    xsetwacom set "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 6x8 Finger pad" Button 1 "key ctrl z"
    This accomplishes almost everything I want it to. No more segfault and crashing. The only thing I'm not seeing that I'd like to is I can't seem to set my pad buttons 1 and 2 to the gimp commands for fill FG color and fill BG color. This is a relatively minor issue though I can keep working on

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi CubicleInmate,

Alright, so Natty with the default Natty xf86-input-wacom-0.10.11.

First thing to check is whether or not you have two xsetwacom executables which is shown towards the end of the Troubleshooting section. That can happen if you compiled xf86-input-wacom and forgot the flag.

In your xsetwacom commands I wonder about:
    Code:
    I suppose that could cause a segfault. Pad shouldn't need to be mapped to a monitor. Since you have your Touch Mode set Absolute I guess you're good there.

I notice most of the commands are set to the defaults. You don't need them then and I would comment out the ones set to default. No reason to repeat/restate the driver defaults unless you are changing them. Also BambooPT pads do not have RelWheels, AbsWheels, or Strips and those should be removed.

Beans
    Distro

No more segfault and crashing.
    Great!

Let us know if you figure out fill FG color and fill BG color in Gimp. Those aren't key combos you need to map in Gimp are they?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Great!

Let us know if you figure out fill FG color and fill BG color in Gimp. Those aren't key combos you need to map in Gimp are they?
    Will do, in Gimp they're already in place as Ctrl-, and Ctrl-. so I was hoping I could just send those keystrokes directly. That wasn't working however, so tonight I'll look at mapping the buttons within gimp as an extended input device and see if I can just do it that way. Probably better if I map the buttons on the pen/pad within applications anyway since that would let me use them for multiple purposes depending on which app is active.

Page 82 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast