Page 87 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Sorry tushantin, but from what you are telling me I'm stumped. Seems like your Bamboo One's pressure should be working.

You've installed input-wacom-0.11.1 and don't see any errors during the compile. You shouldn't need to update Oneiric's default xf86-input-wacom-0.11.0 since your tablet should work with it. No scripts or anything to interfere.

Since your xinput list and list-props look OK let's check your Xorg.0.log. That is in /var/log. It usually is a big file so you might want to compress it before attaching it.

Beans
    Distro

Hi everyone,

The gesture improvements I mentioned have been committed to the repository now. So you can get them by cloning the xf86-input-wacom git repository.

Chris is asking for some feed back on the default settings: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...nuxwacom-devel If you have suggestions post them here or on the linuxwacom-devel thread.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Sorry tushantin, but from what you are
    Since your xinput list and list-props look OK let's check your Xorg.0.log. That is in /var/log. It usually is a big file so you might want to compress it before attaching it.
    Ah, okay. Here you go!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

The Xorg.0.log looks reasonably good. It has a problem dealing with cursor because you don't have one and unloads the wacom module (xf86-input-wacom), but ultimately it seems to load everything correctly. So while messy the Xorg.0.log seems to indicate everything should be working.

So let's restate the problem. The stylus is working, i.e. the pointer tracks it and you can draw. The problem is the pressure maxes out with a light touch. So pressure doesn't work right.

Since everything seems OK I have to wonder if this isn't related to the Oneiric bug I linked you too earlier. Just the flip side where it is pressure misbehaving and not so much the coordinates. That's actually what was going on the QT bug I cite a link to in the bug report.

Beans
    Distro

Since everything seems OK I have to wonder if this isn't related to the Oneiric bug I linked you too earlier. Just the flip side where it is pressure misbehaving and not so much the coordinates. That's actually what was going on the QT bug I cite a link to in the bug report.
    I see... (or probably not).

So is that fixable?

Beans
    Distro

Not by us. Presumably the bug is somewhere in the Oneiric X stack and the Gimp history buffer just makes the bug super obvious in Gimp. So we need the Ubuntu developers to fix the bug in their X stack. Best guess is it has something to do with the multi-touch patches they've put in.

Part of the reason I'm guessing that it's the bug is because pressure was working for you in Natty. After the upgrade to Oneiric, once you got Wacom driver support installed, you suddenly have this pressure problem.

Does that make sense?

Beans

Hi everyone,

The gesture improvements I mentioned have been committed to the repository now. So you can get them by cloning the xf86-input-wacom git repository.

Chris is asking for some feed back on the default settings: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...nuxwacom-devel If you have suggestions post them here or on the linuxwacom-devel thread.
    Hi Favux,
    thanks for your continued support.

I've compiled and installed latest git xf86-input-wacom and appreciating the latest patches.

I'm using a Bamboo P&T 056a:00d2 and two finger gestures work better now, pinch to zoom and scrolling are usable in firefox at least, although zoom seems to have an excessive delay and is faster using ctrl + plus and ctrl + minus.

What hasn't changed from before is the general touch speed, too quick.

I'm using a 1920x1080 + 1366x768 monitor configuration and to traverse the whole desktop horizontally (3286 pixels) I just need move my finger for about half of the wacom tablet.

Seems there's no GUI control in Oneiric to set touch speed, can this be changed from a cofiguration file?

Thanks

Alessandro

Beans
    Distro

Hi Alessandro,

Glad to hear gestures have improved for you.
    What hasn't changed from before is the general touch speed, too quick.
    Have you played with the "Device accel" parameters from part VI. Touch & Gesture Tips for the BambooPT?

Part of the scroll lag is due to the algorithm used to detect whether the fingers are parallel (scroll) or moving towards or away from each other (zoom). Chris mentions the need to improve that on the link. Hopefully in a non-computationally expensive way. Heck there's a lag in Windows too I think. Have to check that again.

Also we may be able to come up with a better default for zoom that improves it a bit like we were able to do with scroll. Chris tells you how to play with that on the link too.

Beans

Hello Everyone,
    Longtime reader, first time poster. I just got a new Wacom Bamboo Create (CTH-670). I've been reading posts for a few hours and having no success with any interaction between the tablet and my computer at all.

My old tablet was working well until it died (a Graphire that was 4 years old) so all of the files required for it are still installed (I haven't uninstalled anything).

I'm running Natty on an Acer Aspire One netbook.

My new tablet is powered up when plugged into the USB (its light comes on and changes colour for pen hover, click and finger touch).

I have read these posts:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6546012#post6546012
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9496609#post9496609

but I can't get anything working. Running:

lsmod | grep wacom

gives:

wacom 36589 0

I've tried installing the drivers in section 1 in this post
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9496609#post9496609

but when i try:
    ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr
    it says no such command found......

and I get stalled from that point onward.

Thanks for any help you can give. Sorry if this post is in the wrong section.

Beans
    Distro

Hi talondrew,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Could you try:
    Code:
    ./configure --prefix=/usr
    instead?

Page 87 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3777858687888997 ... LastLast