Page 54 of 115 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans
    Hidden!

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Hello,

That did the trick, but I'm only able to use my fingers, not the stylus, and I can't click.

Setting up xsetwacom is simply too difficult without any previous clue.

Any idea?

Cheers.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi,

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Since you've cloned the xf86-input-wacom git repository you should have 'MapToOutput', or are you using the default Maverick 0.10.8? Because it's not in that version. It got added a little later.
    Didn't succeed in cloning the git repository so I used the most recent packaging that was available. Sorry, didn't realized that the MapToOutput was that recent

I'll retry to clone the git repository and recompile it before trying back on this.

Thank you. Have a great day.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Hi Favux,

I've updated the code with the git repository. I now have the MapToOutput option. One thing I saw is that if I set the MapToOutput, it doesn't work with relative mode. Is that correct? When trying this, I was unable to move the mouse. It was only "clicking" on the terminal window I was in at the time I set the MapToOutput (or relative mode, depending on which order I do it).

If configured as absolute, I can assign it to my main laptop screen instead of the whole display area (LVDS1 vs VGA1). However, changing the value in the matrix doesn't seems to do anything. I've tried "0.5 0 0 0 0.5 0 0 0 1" and "2 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 1" to see the difference and... didn't notice anything. Did I miss something?

Thanks.

ehfortin

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi ehfortin,

Cool, progress. Congratulations.

Are you using a 32-bit or 64-bit install? How are you setting up the monitors? With xrandr or with one of the proprietary configuration gui's, i.e. ATI or Nvidia?

Yes, it doesn't seem to work with Relative. Another user said it didn't confine his touch, which I assumed was set to Relative.

It looks like "MapToOutput" and the 'Coordinate Transformation Matrix' method are two separate methods, as I originally thought. Right now "MapToOutput" is broken for 64-bit installs, which apparently was the problem. The patch to fix it has already been submitted and hopefully will be committed to the repository shortly. If it gets some testers.

Also others, who all seem to be using the proprietary drivers, report not being able to see, for example, LVDS1 vs VGA1 in their xrandr output. So they're not able to use "MapToOutput". So while "MapToOutput" does the calculations for you it may not be as useful as I thought. That still needs to be cleared up.

Beans

Not sure what that's about. Check /usr/share/aclocal/ and make sure xorg-macros.m4 v. 1.8 has the date you compiled it if you have Lucid. Also check that you don't have two copies. If you are in Maverick you could try making a backup and compiling a new 1.8 in it's place.

You don't want 0.10.10 because it has a known bug for the pad. You want it a few commits later when that was fixed, i.e. clone the git.
    Ok. I tried again. I must have forgot the prefix=/usr part or something. I reconfigured/installed xorg-macros-1.8.0 and this time the xf86-input driver configured fine. I guess it all works now. The touch is still a little jumpy and button clicks are inconsistent when activated from the touchpad. I think I will just disable them and use the physical buttons.

Thanks for the help.

Beans
    Distro

Hi cheshirekow,

Good work.

Currently touch is broken with the pointer slamming over to the left. We've bisected the commits and think we've found the trouble-some ones. Chris is working on it. So hopefully the fix will be committed soon and touch will be working better than ever. Then you'll just need to reclone xf86-input-wacom. Plus Peter's fix for TPCButton should be in there too.

Beans

Currently touch is broken with the pointer slamming over to the left. We've bisected the commits and think we've found the trouble-some ones. Chris is working on it. So hopefully the fix will be committed soon and touch will be working better than ever.
    That's great to hear. I'm very impressed with how active the development of this project is.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jorgegarciar View Post
    ...I'm only able to use my fingers, not the stylus, and I can't click.

Setting up xsetwacom is simply too difficult without any previous clue....
    Hello. I'm having a similar problem with a Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch (model: CTH-661/S(A).) I've used the linuxwacom-0.8.8-10 tarball to compile for 32-bit Maverick on the 2.6.35-24-generic kernel.

Before compiling, lsusb showed the device as...
    Code:
    Bus 005 Device 004: ID 056a:00d8 Wacom Co., Ltd
    ...so I added...
    Code:
    static struct wacom_features wacom_features_0xD8 =
        { "Wacom Bamboo Comic 2FG", WACOM_PKGLEN_BBFUN,   21648, 13530, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT };
    ...and...
    Code:
        { USB_DEVICE_WACOM(0xD8) },
    ...to wacom_wac.c before compiling.

I was actually surprised to find that the tablet was at least doing something after a reboot, but only touch is working -- sort of... movement is very rough and jerky, and no tap response -- and I'm getting no response from the stylus at all.

Update: Checking my Xorg version revealed I'm running 1.9...
    Code:
    X.Org X Server 1.9.0
    Release Date: 2010-08-20
    X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0
    Build Operating System: Linux 2.6.24-27-server i686 Ubuntu
    Current Operating System: Linux [#######] 2.6.35-24-generic #42-Ubuntu SMP Thu Dec 2 01:41:57 UTC 2010 i686
    xorg-server 2:1.9.0-0ubuntu7.1
    Current version of pixman: 0.18.4
    ...and since the linuxwacom site stated 0.8.8-10 supported X<1.7, I tried compiling wacom.ko using the input-wacom-0.10.10.tar.bz2, making certain the 0.8.8-10 version was out of the way. Ended up with the exact same results, so nothing's changed.

Any tips on what to do next?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Uncle Quag; January 12th, 2011 at 03:36 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Uncle Quag,

Not sure. Either of those wacom.ko's should work. I'm getting a 0xd8 who's reporting no stylus or on another thread.

xf86-input-wacom is broken for touch right now for the rest of us. They know that and Chris just submitted some patches to fix it. I'm wondering if they also managed to break the stylus too for the 0xd8 with all the new code.

Let me take a quick peek at the current xf86-input-wacom, well quick for me, long in real time, and see if I see anything.

Beans

Additional note: I didn't install the 10.10 X Driver since I'm running Maverick... just the 0.10.10-1 kernel driver (wacom.ko) on the second attempt.

According to synaptic, I'm running xserver-xorg-input-wacom version 1:0.10.8-0ubuntu1. Should I dump that and go for the 10.10 version, or should the 10.10-1 kernel driver still be working with the 10.8 X Driver?

Thanks for the help.

Page 54 of 115 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104 ... LastLast