Page 48 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Ok, after reading through much of this and other threads and trying the howto (hopefully correctly) without getting the stylus working I add my 2 cents:

I guess that the stylus should work just as when using it under windows to point and click on the desktop? It doesn't do anything for me, except that the led on the tablet changes from white to orange, when I come near or touch the surface)

Touch is working. But I can't "click" anything, and its very jumpy. (I think dr4ziw had or has a similar problem)

I think I have a "new" product id for you: d7

It is a Bamboo FUN Small
    Model from the back: CTH-461/S(A)
    Amazon link ( ) : http://www.amazon.de/Wacom-Bamboo-To...3489530&sr=8-1

/edit: All this under Maverick

Code:
    lsusb output:
    Bus 006 Device 002: ID 056a:00d7 Wacom Co., Ltd
    In the kernel module code (linuxwacom-0.8.8-10) I added :

Code:
    static struct wacom_features wacom_features_0xD7 =
            { "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE", WACOM_PKGLEN_BBFUN,  14720,  9200, 1023, 63, BAMBOO_PT };
    and

Code:
    { USB_DEVICE_WACOM(0xD7) },
    which results in the device to be found:
    Code:
    [   28.868197] usbcore: registered new interface driver wacom
    [   28.868199] wacom: v1.52-pc-0.3:USB Wacom tablet driver
    xinput --list gives:
    Code:
    ⎡ Virtual core pointer                        id=2    [master pointer  (3)]
    ⎜   ↳ Virtual core XTEST pointer                  id=4    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Logitech USB Optical Mouse                  id=10    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Pen eraser          id=12    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Pen stylus          id=13    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Finger pad          id=14    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Finger touch        id=15    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad                  id=17    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎜   ↳ PS/2 Generic Mouse                          id=18    [slave  pointer  (2)]
    ⎣ Virtual core keyboard                       id=3    [master keyboard (2)]
        ↳ Virtual core XTEST keyboard                 id=5    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Power Button                                id=6    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Video Bus                                   id=7    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ Sleep Button                                id=8    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ HID 046a:0001                               id=9    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ CKA7216                                     id=11    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ AT Translated Set 2 keyboard                id=16    [slave  keyboard (3)]
        ↳ HP WMI hotkeys                              id=19    [slave  keyboard (3)]
    xsetwacom --list dev gives:
    Code:
    Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Pen eraser ERASER    
    Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Pen stylus STYLUS    
    Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Finger pad PAD       
    Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Finger touch TOUCH
    mypaint isn't working with stylus despite stating the following when starting:
    Code:
    Setting window mode for "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Pen eraser"
    Setting window mode for "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Pen stylus"
    Ignoring "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Finger pad" (probably wacom keypad device)
    Setting window mode for "Wacom Bamboo 2FG 4x5 SE Finger touch"
    I also applied the 3 patches from a few posts ago to the git clone of xf86-input-wacom and am using your latest .xsetwacom .

I also attached my Xorg.0.log and would be glad if I can be of any help and for a tip if you have any

cheers, publicnmi

/edit2: _now_ I attached Xorg.0.log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by PublicNMI; December 28th, 2010 at 12:25 AM. Reason: Third try. Xorg.0.log is now attached

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi PublicNMI,

Ouch, another new model! What is Wacom doing? I guess they're selling well.
    I also applied the 3 patches from a few posts ago to the git clone of xf86-input-wacom and am using your latest .xsetwacom .
    Which patches? My guess is the problem is here, and you didn't get your model into xf86-input-wacom. You did get it into the wacom.ko from the look of things.

Your Xorg.0.log didn't attach.

Beans
    Distro

Sorry, just editet my post and uploaded it with an .txt ending

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Which patches? My guess is the problem is here, and you didn't get your model into xf86-input-wacom. You did get it into the wacom.ko from the look of things.
    Ah, ic.

I used these patches: post #431

Beans
    Distro

Got stylus working. You gave me the hint when you said that the device isn't in the xf86 driver. Thank you very much!

git diff so that you can see the changes I made:
    Code:
    diff --git a/src/wcmUSB.c b/src/wcmUSB.c
    index c25e67c..c2d77e8 100644
    --- a/src/wcmUSB.c
    +++ b/src/wcmUSB.c
    @@ -194,6 +194,7 @@ static struct
            { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0xD3, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* CTL-660 */
            { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0xD2, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* CTL-461/S */
            { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0xD0, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* Bamboo Touch */
    +       { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0xD7, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* Bamboo Touch */
            { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0xD8, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* CTH-661/S1 */
            { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0xDA, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* CTH-461/L */
            { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0xDB, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* CTH-661 */
    diff --git a/src/wcmValidateDevice.c b/src/wcmValidateDevice.c
    index a22ca3c..1e9cba7 100644
    --- a/src/wcmValidateDevice.c
    +++ b/src/wcmValidateDevice.c
    @@ -258,6 +258,7 @@ int wcmDeviceTypeKeys(InputInfoPtr pInfo)
                            priv->common->tablet_type |= WCM_LCD;
                            /* fall through */
                    case 0xD0:  /* Bamboo with 2FGT */
    +               case 0xD7:  /* Bamboo with 2FGT */
                    case 0xD1:  /* Bamboo with 2FGT */
                    case 0xD2:  /* Bamboo with 2FGT */
                    case 0xD3:  /* Bamboo with 2FGT */
    Touch still isn't working. When I use the finger all the text on a website gets marked for example. It looks like the tabled is recognizing a "click" from time to time (about 1sec interval).

Beans
    Distro

Nice work. You beat me to it, I was assembling it for you.

I'd use:
    Code:
    +       { WACOM_VENDOR_ID, 0xD7, 100000, 100000, &usbBamboo     }, /* CTH-461/S */
    and move it below the d3 case, but quibbling.

For touch go to about line #513 in wcmUSB.c and change:
    Code:
    	if ((common->tablet_id >= 0xd0) && (common->tablet_id <= 0xd3))
    to
    Code:
    	if ((common->tablet_id >= 0xd0) && (common->tablet_id <= 0xd7))

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    For touch go to about line #513 in wcmUSB.c and change:
    Code:
        if ((common->tablet_id >= 0xd0) && (common->tablet_id <= 0xd3))
    to
    Code:
        if ((common->tablet_id >= 0xd0) && (common->tablet_id <= 0xd7))
    I don't find this in the git version. (Actually it went away with the very last commit 2b9eb3db9c7c517fe98f32f515cb65372b7bb069 by Ping Cheng)

Should I try to change it in the files in the 0.10.10 tarball and use this one?

Ah and one further question: Should I report this somewhere else? Or will this find it's way into the repository by telling you? (Thank you very much for your hard work! It looks like youre doing much here for the wacom driver )
    Last edited by PublicNMI; December 28th, 2010 at 01:50 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi PublicNMI,

Alright, my clone wasn't the latest I guess. Don't use the tarball 0.10-10 and -9 have bugs for the pad (tablet buttons).

Touch still isn't working? Did you try a few reboots?

I'll tell Ping and Chris about your model, if they don't know about it already. We may come back to verify your changes to get a "tested by;" from you.

And by the way, it looks like I forgot your:

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Beans
    Distro

Hi Favux,

Sorry for the late answer. Had a good night's sleep in-between

Nope, touch still isn't working. I tried to reboot, but still no luck.

I would love to help with this one, especially as the kids are with my mom today, it's holiday season and I don't have a bad conscience for not working on the projects I should

I'll try to find something. If you have any starting point for me, that would be great
    Could it be that I just have to fiddle with some xsetwacom settings? Or do you think that this one is in the code somewhere?

Which reminds me of another problem: I have to call ~/.xsetwacom.sh manually after logging in. I found nothing on this: Do I have to add it somewhere? Or should it load automagically by logging in?

And don't hesitate to contact me again. At last, again an opportunity to give smth. back to the community

Thanks for the warm welcome

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by PublicNMI View Post
    Which reminds me of another problem: I have to call ~/.xsetwacom.sh manually after logging in. I found nothing on this: Do I have to add it somewhere? Or should it load automagically by logging in?
    To execute ~/.xsetwacom.sh automatically you first have to
    Code:
    chmod +x .xsetwacom.sh
    in your home directory.
    Then add
    Code:
    sh $HOME/.xsetwacom.sh
    to your startup programs in System/Settings -- maybe replace $HOME with the full path to your home directory if this doesn't work.
    That will do.

BTW, the patches I posted a few pages back -- the ones you applied -- are already in the git repository. So no need to apply them manually. Also, those patches only fixed a few bugs with xsetwacom, so they can't have anything to do with touch not working for you.

Looking at your xorg.0.log... this load of "WACOM: No touch device found for ..." errors towards the end, looks familiar. I think we had this here a while ago. If I'd only remember what it was... Something's telling me "exlude in evdev.conf or synaptic.conf" but I have to check this.

Cheers,
    - dr4ziw -

Beans

Ah, on page 37 it was.
    wcmValidateDevice.c needed to be patched to recognize newer tablets -- back then it was the Bamboo Comic one.
    Chances are good that adding
    Code:
                    case 0xD8:  /* Bamboo with 2FGT */
                    case 0xDA:  /* Bamboo with 2FGT */
                    case 0xDB:  /* Bamboo with 2FGT */
    <-- your tablet -->
                    case 0xD7:  /* Bamboo with 2FGT */
    to wcmValidateDevice.c (@ about line 266) will solve the problem. At least the xorg.0.log errors should be gone, and hopefully give you touch for the tablet.

Cheers,
    - dr4ziw -

Page 48 of 115 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898 ... LastLast