Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1141

Thread: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

HOW TO UPDATE

Linuxwacom's input-wacom- the USB kernel module/driver
    Currently input-wacom-0.15.0 (released 11-15-12). Adds Cintiq 22HD (2.6.30+, 2.6.36+, 2.6.38+, 3.7+; Touch Finger: 2.6.38+, 3.7+). Adds 3 new tablet PC's: 0x4001 (2.6.30+), 0x100 (2.6.38+, 3.7+), 0x101 (2.6.38+, 3.7+). Introduces a new tree for Linux 3.7+ and brings it and the 2.6.38 tree in sync with the driver present in Dmitry's current 'next' branch.
    Xorg's xf86-input-wacom - the X driver
    Currently xf86-input-wacom 0.18.0 (released 10-29-12). Adds three new multi-touch (MT) ISDv4 (tablet PC) devices (E5, 100, 101). Support for the Cintiq 24HD touch, no input device grab by default (allowing tools like evtest to work within X), and support for XI2.2 multitouch (providing applications with position data for every hardware-tracked finger). It should be noted that the internal gesture recognizer consumes all the multitouch events at the moment. If you'd like the events to be passed along to applications (e.g. if your desktop environment supports multitouch gestures or you have software like "touchegg" installed), disable gesture recognizer by running `xsetwacom set TOUCH_DEVICE gesture off`. There is a known regression affecting the puck (Wacom tablet mouse i.e. Graphire and Bamboo) from 0.17.0 which was discovered very late in the RC and which could not be resolved in time for this release, see: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=56536

Warning:
    Ubuntu has customized their input ABI (X Server 1.11 and 1.12 hybrid) and it is no longer compatible with some upstream packages including xf86-input-wacom. Consequently if you compile xf86-input-wacom in Precise it will cause your system to not start if you have your BambooPT plugged in, or to crash/freeze if you plug it in after it has started. You need to patch xf86-input-wacom to make it compatible.

Instructions for xf86-input-wacom in Precise:
    Follow the HOW TO as normal until you get to the ./configure --prefix=/usr or ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr command. Stop there and don't enter it. If using xf86-input-wacom-0.17.0 or earlier download the build_against_frankenserver.patch attached to post #1034 onto your Desktop. If using xf86-input-wacom-0.17.0 or earlier download the attached build_against_frankenserver_for0.18.patch below. Rename it from build_against_frankenserver.patch.txt to build_against_frankenserver.patch or build_against_frankenserver_for0.18.patch. Apply the patch with a -p1 strip:
    Code:
    patch -p1 < ~/Desktop/build_against_frankenserver.patch

(or for xf86-input-wacom-0.18.0 and later)
    patch -p1 < ~/Desktop/build_against_frankenserver_for0.18.patch
    You should see this output:
    patching file src/wcmValidateDevice.c
    patching file test/fake-symbols.c
    patching file test/fake-symbols.h
    After you see it you can proceed with ./configure --prefix=/usr or ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr and the rest of the commands.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

Hello.

I've been having problems with my Bamboo Pen & Touch (CTH-460). The touch gestures work; I have no problems with that. On the other hand, the pen is not functioning properly. This has happened within the last week and a half. Before, the pen worked just fine. In the meantime, I upgraded from 12.04 to 12.10, but the problems persist.

The pen is recognized, but when I hover it within a half an inch of my tablet, the pointer ping pongs side to side and then doesn't really follow the movements of the stylus.

When I touch the pen to the tablet, the pointer jumps back and forth (side to side within a two inch space). Then it goes wild, jumping across my desktop and opening random programs from my launcher. It seems to prefer to jump to one side of the desktop, though it's overall pretty random.

I'm using Ubuntu 12.10 (3.5.0-19 generic). I've been searching, but the ones experiencing problems similar to mine seems to have theirs fixed by updates.

Thank you.

Beans
    Distro

Hi finesse98,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Because it happens in two different releases I'm suspecting a hardware problem. Do you have Windows or OS X available? If so does it happen in there?

First thing to check is the usb cable. Make sure the connections are secure and also try another usb port. Try not to use a hub when diagnosing.

If that isn't it the likely culprit is the pen. If the pen was banged up somehow the antennae in it may have been damaged.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi finesse98,

Welcome to Ubuntu forums!

Because it happens in two different releases I'm suspecting a hardware problem. Do you have Windows or OS X available? If so does it happen in there?

First thing to check is the usb cable. Make sure the connections are secure and also try another usb port. Try not to use a hub when diagnosing.

If that isn't it the likely culprit is the pen. If the pen was banged up somehow the antennae in it may have been damaged.
    I got a hold of a laptop with Windows 7 and since it does the same exact thing (only in slow motion) it seems to a broken stylus. I will replace. I hope it can be replaced.

Thanks so much.

Beans
    Distro

Sure you can replace it. Make sure it is the right pen for your tablet. Should be in the spec.s that came in the box. Different tablets require different pens.

Beans

Thank. You. Sir.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I followed the instructions in this thread and got everything working (I have a few posts in the thread starting here), but now when I try to configure the input devices in Inkscape and GIMP, I don't see "stylus" anywhere, and none of the other input device settings affect my tablet. It's been a few months since I got it working, so something may have gotten messed up in an update, but I'm not completely discounting the possibility that I'm forgetting some obvious step. How should I diagnose and fix the problem? The tablet still shows up in lsusb when connected, and wacom still shows up when I enter lsmod | grep wacom (although it's listed in red -- is this significant?). I'm also getting a bunch of messages in .xsession-errors regarding the Wacom device on startup. Is that relevant?

Beans
    Distro

Hi potiphera,

If you got a kernel update you need to recompile input-wacom against the new kernel. Could that be it?

What's the output of xinput list in a terminal?
    I'm also getting a bunch of messages in .xsession-errors regarding the Wacom device on startup. Is that relevant?
    Would need to see one or more of the error messages.

Beans

Angry Re: HOW TO Set Up the Bamboo Pen & Touch in Lucid

I'm very sorry but I'm not able to let my brand new Bamboo Manga (CTH-470/K) work on Ubuntu 10.04. I followed every step of you instructions, got no errors (except a warning in a make: "nothing to do for input **all" or something similar), but when I plug my tablet it doesn't interact at all with my laptop. It should work, since it does in Windows 7 and the led lights up and changes colour when I try the pen. I'm pretty desperate, since I don't want to switch to windows every time I want to use my tablet... :'(
    Ah, when I try the command "lsmod | grep wacom" I get absolutely no output, so I assume my tablet isn't recognized at all.
    Hope you'll help me soon!! Thank you in advance

Beans
    Distro

Hi earendil02,

Let's assume everything went OK and the issue is the new Wacom kernel module/driver wacom.ko isn't autoloading for you.

Edit the modules file in /etc:
    Code:
    gksudo gedit /etc/modules
    There is probably already a list of several modules in it. Add wacom after the last module. Save and reboot. The tablet should work if that was the problem and wacom will now show up in lsmod.

Page 109 of 115 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast