Thread: Can't install wuhi on windows 7 64 bit

Beans

Can't install wuhi on windows 7 64 bit

Has anyone installed wubi on a 64 bit Windows 7? I have tried runing Wubi under windows vista compatibility, but now luck.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: Can't install wuhi on windows 7 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by kut77less View Post
    Has anyone installed wubi on a 64 bit Windows 7? I have tried runing Wubi under windows vista compatibility, but now luck.
    Your lucky it is safer to dual boot and easier to fix if things go bad. having a OS inside another without it being a virtual and the virtual saved of the computer is asking for a lot of heartbreak.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by wilee-nilee View Post
    Your lucky it is safer to dual boot and easier to fix if things go bad. having a OS inside another without it being a virtual and the virtual saved of the computer is asking for a lot of heartbreak.
    That's not true.. i looked up Wubi failures and it wasn't nearly as bad as dual booting with a partition which seems to often cause a lot of headaches..

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by OtakuWrath View Post
    That's not true.. i looked up Wubi failures and it wasn't nearly as bad as dual booting with a partition which seems to often cause a lot of headaches..
    Take it from somebody who helps people with this on a daily basis. The wiki does not mention the people who install a partition when not needed or grub in the windows partitions and how difficult it is to fix.

A dual boot can if everything is installed correctly can be switched between either OS with one command from a MS install disc and Two from a Ubuntu live cd. And grub will dualboot and give you a choice to boot from.

Also wubi is only for trying out Ubuntu so you can see if you want to dual boot. A person would be much better downloading the sun Vbox puel and trying it that way.

Don't believe the hype its usually not accurate.
    Last edited by wilee-nilee; June 22nd, 2010 at 04:41 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

i have used wubi on windows 7 home premium 64bit with no errors. what's happening with yours?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajtwin View Post
    i have used wubi on windows 7 home premium 64bit with no errors. what's happening with yours?
    I get a black screen with a bunch of words on it. Did you run it under windows vista compatibility? I did that, but I get the same error.