Thread: Rip DVD from command line?

Beans

Rip DVD from command line?

I've done a bit of searching and not found what I'm looking for. Here's what I'm trying to do. I have my DVD collection ripped to ISO files on my HTPC. I am using a program called Video4Fuze to convert movies to a Sansa Fuze-compatible format. However, I'm having trouble directly extracting the raw video from my ISOs so that I can convert them. I tried copying the VOB files from the ISOs manually, but on most discs, these files either have subtitles in them or are in Spanish (copying the raw VOBs from my Dark Knight DVD yield all Spanish dubs, but the copy is in English when played normally). I don't want to use a program like DVD::Rip or Acidrip that transcodes the video streams because that would be an unnecessary waste of time - I want to raw DVD stream so that I can then transcode only ONCE using Video4Fuze.

So, my basic question is thus: is there an easy way to extract the main title/longest title from a DVD ISO into a raw format that doesn't require transcoding? Doing this from the command line would be great and preferable, but it's not necessary.

Thanks for your help, and I hope I've been clear enough!

Beans

Re: Rip DVD from command line?

Handbrake's CLI looks like it could do it, but how do I make it work WITHOUT having to do an encode/transcode/whatever? I just want the raw audio and video so I can feed it into Video4Fuze.

Thanks!

Beans

Re: Rip DVD from command line?

So, I think dvdbackup will work with the --feature option, but how do I use it with an ISO file?

**EDIT - it works, but it just copies the VOB files, so with The Dark Knight, it's all in Spanish, and my copy of Demolition Man results in multiple VOB files, and some have green subtitles stamped on them. Any suggestions?
    Last edited by summersab; June 22nd, 2010 at 03:31 AM.