Thread: After migarion to Ubuntu 10.04 hidden wireless network do not connects automaticaly

Beans

After migarion to Ubuntu 10.04 hidden wireless network do not connects automaticaly

Hi,
    auto connect is turned on and it worked until 10.04 version. I have to manually click "Connect to hidden wireless network" , choose network, click connect and input an root password.

Also, after reboot, a key icon appears in notification area which says "Click on the icon to drop all elevated privileges". I think it could be connected with this problem, because before 10.04, If I wanted to connect to hidden network no root password needed.

Thank you, Denis

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Red face Re: After migarion to Ubuntu 10.04 hidden wireless network do not connects automatica

Hi lafcina,

I have the same problem: under Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 AMD64, when using NetworkManager Applet 0.8 to connect to a hidden wireless network, I have to manually click on "Connect to Hidden Wireless Network" to successfully connect, even if the selected connection is set to auto connect.

If you find a solution, please let me know.

Thanks,

P.S. When the NetworkManager applet ask for a password, I simply press "Cancel" and go ahead to connect successfully.. possible security bug?
    Searchers after horror haunt strange, far places.
    - H.P. Lovecraft

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: After migarion to Ubuntu 10.04 hidden wireless network do not connects automatica

I believe this thread deals with (y)our problem

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Arrow Re: After migarion to Ubuntu 10.04 hidden wireless network do not connects automatica

Quote Originally Posted by Fastjack77 View Post
    Hi lafcina,

I have the same problem: under Ubuntu Desktop 10.04 AMD64, when using NetworkManager Applet 0.8 to connect to a hidden wireless network, I have to manually click on "Connect to Hidden Wireless Network" to successfully connect, even if the selected connection is set to auto connect.

If you find a solution, please let me know.

Thanks,

P.S. When the NetworkManager applet ask for a password, I simply press "Cancel" and go ahead to connect successfully.. possible security bug?
    Same for me. I am using an old Linksys wmp11 card.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Re: After migarion to Ubuntu 10.04 hidden wireless network do not connects automatica

I too lost auto connect when I upgraded from 9.10 to 10.04.

Interestingly, I then did a clean install of Xubuntu 10.10 which did allow autoconnection, so I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.04 and it's working - when asked for a password for network manager when I first connect manually, I left it blank and accepted the warning about unencrypted information.
    Last edited by David_UK; November 21st, 2010 at 10:44 PM.