Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for any solutions to a monitor that switches off during Xubuntu 10.04 install

rollin is offline Gee! These Aren't Roasted!
    Beans

Talking Re: Looking for any solutions to a monitor that switches off during Xubuntu 10.04 ins

That's some great info 4Orbs!
    I wasn't aware that the open source driver had changed post 9.10, I was just pointing at the kernels or distros as a whole...
    Great, I feel this is getting close to a solution
    OK I'll update in 24hrs when I've had a chance to get the 9.10 iso, I'll use the 32bit ubuntu version to try and keep things as mainline as possible.
    Thanks again.

Beans

Talking Re: Looking for any solutions to a monitor that switches off during Xubuntu 10.04 ins

Wow! 4Orbs is my new hero =D>
    Your info on the change from vesa to nouveau from 10.04 definetly saved the day and saved me having to work up from 8.10 to try and identify issues.

So there you go. 9.10 ubuntu 32bit with the vesa driver loaded perfectly into the live cd. Installation worked fine with no crashes or bugs. No issues in the loading the system and it's working suprisingly quick having loaded the correct nvidia driver for my card.

I'll file a bug in 24hrs to let them know the model of graphics card and the issue. Either way its working now. Hopefully they can integrate some changes to enable the 10.04 upgrade with an option about the driver update.

Thanks a lot to everyone for the help and support. If you want me to put the link for launchpad bug here, let me know on this thread...

Beans

Arrow Re: Looking for any solutions to a monitor that switches off during Xubuntu 10.04 ins

Quote Originally Posted by ghdfans2010 View Post
    Thanks for your sharing! I have learnt so much from your post!
    Thats what it's all about I guess!! I'm glad it was useful.

Having thought about it for a while... I guess I should really write up the process properly at the end of the post to say what I did, the model details, launchpad link and stuff like that to try and finish it up nicely...

Probably over next 24hrs though. Just a few security updates to download LOL

Beans

Wink Re: Looking for any solutions to a monitor that switches off during Xubuntu 10.04 ins

Last one!
    Launchpad link for bug here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/599019
    Seems to provide the process I hope accurately enough without a need to re-type on the thread. Thanks again for the help and support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12